From The Grave

Would be interesting if the game included a mechanic where pending the number of graves you dug up, it disturbed the dead. There is the occasional ghost right now, but it would be even more fun if they haunted your character during game, playing tricks on your mind thinking you are being attacked by monsters that aren't there or making your chests appear to be empty.

Or the dead could come back to life in search of the items you pillaged from them, attacking the player and their camp until they get what they are looking for or are dispatched, especially those that happen to have amulets in their grave. Would be fun to have to fend off the forces of darkness ... no boom-stick required.

You'll be pleased to know that we'll be having a sanity meter in the future, and you'll probably encounter things in the like of what you suggested.

I was wondering about that. Looking forward to this addition to the game.

You'll be pleased to know that we'll be having a sanity meter in the future, and you'll probably encounter things in the like of what you suggested.

So it will be a sanity meter. I take it the top hat and dapper vest are meant to restore civility and fight insanity? :)

Well I sure hope they're influenced by H.P. Lovecraft... I think it would work well with the Tim Burton influence already associated with the game's artwork.

Are you thinking of a sanity meter like the one from Amnesia ? In that regard ?

Well there will be a gauge, so I assume the basic principal will be the same. Having seen more than my fair share of Amnesia plathroughs I for one could do without the excessive teeth grinding...

The news sure is great ! Can't wait to see that put into practice. LOOOOTS of ideas of making that fit into the gameplay, totally fits the style.

Yup. And apparently sanity loss, or the effects of lost sanity (low sanity), take effect during the night. So I'm sure the mind will play tricks on you while you're feeding your camp fire on those lonely nights...