Updater Text Is Just Boxes In Linux

xxxxme

I'm trying to run the HIB 9 version of this on Arch Linux. When the updater appears, the text is just a bunch of boxes. The console says:

$ ./eets2

Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element

Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element

Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 78: saw unknown, expected number

(updater:12354): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='latin'

(updater:12354): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='common'

What do I do about this? I did figure out that the right button skips the updater.

• Developer

It seems this is an issue with Pango fonts trying to be placed in a folder than doesn't exist.

I'll let the programmers know about the issue so they can look into it.

Sorry about the inconvenience. 

Thanks for telling the devs. What do the two buttons and the checkbox say?

The code inside text boxes can still be copy/pasted in a text editor, where it'll become readable. This only works for selectable text, though, so buttons are a different story.

Where do you see the updater under linux? I my case the game starts directly. I have seen this one only under windows.

Assuming it's not been disabled, the updater should run if you install Eets 2 from the tarball and run the eets2 script directly inside the game folder rather than the one inside the bin subfolder.

It seems this is an issue with Pango fonts trying to be placed in a folder than doesn't exist.

I'll let the programmers know about the issue so they can look into it.

Sorry about the inconvenience. 

For experienced users who don't want to wait, this thread goes into more detail on the problem and how to fix it manually:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/27624-linux-starting-issues/

• Developer

For the Updater, it is currently only available for the Linux 32 version of the game, and not the Linux 64 version.

We will be releasing new versions of the Linux 64 standalone to Humble throughout the Beta process, while the Linux 32 Users will just be able to use the updater.

Unfortunately this is due to the Updater process not functioning correctly under Linux 64.

Sorry!

For the Updater, it is currently only available for the Linux 32 version of the game, and not the Linux 64 version.

We will be releasing new versions of the Linux 64 standalone to Humble throughout the Beta process, while the Linux 32 Users will just be able to use the updater.

Unfortunately this is due to the Updater process not functioning correctly under Linux 64.

Sorry!

Will the 32-bit Humble downloads be updates equally frequently or should I stick to the 64-bit version if I want to make sure that I have a saved tarball of whatever I'm actually playing?

• Developer

Generally the way it works is that the 32-bit version will be able to update to the latest version about a week before the latest standalone version is released. This is to ensure that whatever critical issues that come up when the update is first released are all addressed on the Standalone.

We are also still continuing to look at implementing functionality for the Updater into the 64-bit version.

Archived