cant catch spiders

well i put a **** load of traps around the spider nest and i hit it all the spiders came out and didnt get caught in it now i understand dont starve doesnt want us to harvest or stuff like that but i cant even kill a spider anymore im afraid im going to die so i need to know if theres a way i can catch them

Hm, traps USED to work on spiders, but i havent tested this after the patch. Perhaps this was changed.

But anyway it isnt hard to fight spiders without getting hit. Hit the nest, 4 spiders come out and u run away. They chase u and all u have to do is hit the front one once and then run away again. Rinse and repeat untill all the spiders are dead. Admittedly this takes a little longer, but its fairly easy to pull off.

hmm.... i think it was easier before pre patch, no they have a chance of catching them, chance.... may i suggest that u invest in some pan flute? its really easy to make, u just have to equip it fast enough and it will make spider seep...i think XD or fire is ur other option...now think i will let a pro firestarter explaing how to use fie on them....btw u should invest in some Log suit....they can takes a lot of hits and u won't take as much of a damage....