Shadowfall

Battal

Jakob stands back up, gazing at Shadowfall with a look of pure hatred. 

"It's time to finish this.  Pops, Joseph - er, I'm sorry.  Joseph, force him down.  Impale him one one of those cliffs."

He grabs the sword, then turns to Will.

"I don't have enough energy left for transformation again, so, can you do that trick of yours?"

"Good thing you asked that, because it was going to happen anyway. The drawback of the serum, at least on me, is that I enter that form whether I want to or not. Don't worry, Joseph. It only happens to me. Because DNA is a ****."

Will drops to all fours, as he transforms into his monster form.

Remember I'm not a f*****g horse.

Violet sat by that shriveled corpse, eyes blank. Slowly, a gush of tears ran down her eyes. She was completely oblivious to the chaos going on around her. Nearby Pop's corpse, was a her sword. It was covered in his blood. Violet's eyes focused on the the blade.She slowly reached for it, and grabbed it.

"I'm sorry... I have to leave you."

Violet turned and ran toward Joseph.

"Is there anything I can do now?"

"You will die!"  Shadowfall screams in fury, sending all he has at Will and Jakob.  But between Will's speed, Violet's lightning and Joseph's telekinesis, it simply isn't enough.  They reach the demon's neck, and Jakob pulls out the sword.  Leaping off his friend's back, he creates an explosion beneath himself, propelling himself above Shadowfall's head.  The flames of the explosion spread throughout his body, and the blade glows with an ethereal light as he prepares to strike.

"_______!"  Jakob Battal yells, driving the blade home with all his might.

A nova of energy blasts across the land as Shadowfall's head is sliced clean in half.  A rattling death-cry emanates across the battleground, a sound of triumph for the Warriors and a sound of despair for the demons under Shadowfall's command.  The scream reaches every ear in every nook of the Prison, from the villagers of Greenwood, to Azcar's mountaintop home, even to The Watchers in their hidden realm. 

The Effigy of Shadows falls, unraveling like a cloth with too many strings pulled out.  It becomes smaller and smaller, until finally Shadowfall's human form lands limply on the ground in front of the Spire.

Apparently not, though.  Shadowfall somehow struggles to his feet, one hand held to his chest and another clenched into a fist.  He is hunched over, and limps away from the group in what can only be described as fear.

"There!"  He says in a sputtering voice.  "That's it.  You win.  Isn't that enough for you?"

"No. It isn't enough. You killed so many people. You killed my friends. I'm going to kill you as slowly as possible, as painfully as possible. Remember when I said what happens when you die? There is nothing waiting for you. And eventually, you will join that nothing."

Will grabs the sword out of Jakob's hands, and runs toward Shadowfall. Violet runs after him, trying to stop him.

"Will, wait!"

Before Will could get to Shadowfall, a beam of purple light shot down from the sky, taking both Will and Violet. The sword flew back away from Shadowfall, as if something did not want Shadowfall to die, but nor did it want it to gain more power.

Will and Violet's stories will continue in the next RP.

Edited by Will

(Well that was sudden.)

"Violet?  Will?!?!?  NO!"  Jakob shouts as the two vanish.  His eyes burning with hate, he grabs the sword and walks towards Shadowfall.  The shade scrambles backwards, until he hits the Spire and can't go back any further. 

"You're just proving my point!"  He sputters as Jakob draws closer.  "You're just a pack of murderous psychopaths!"

The pyromancer's face does not change, and neither does his pace.

(Maybe we can just put the only main plot point that I had in mind yet, which is that Will and Violet are broken shells of their former selves. We can talk in PMs about plans. Combining sounds good.)

(I'll be joining that for sure. Most likely with Joseph.)

Joseph frowns, and steps towards Pops's blood pool. He places his hand on the pool, and pulls out a misshapen, oddly forged blade. "I'm going to kill you with my father. Whom you took from me. Twice."