Save system

Is it possible for the game to have a better save system?

Unlocked items and keeping the amount of research points may have some conflict with the idea, but maybe you can have a given number of separate game save files as an option (If you choose a new file, you completely start over).

It would help if more than one person wants to play the game without anticipating every other player's death.

Another problem is my game easily gets lost after restarting the computer. I shouldn't have to worry this issue.

Is it possible for the game to have a better save system?

I personally have no real issues with the current system. It promotes making hard choices and living with the consequences. However I wouldn't mind if each character had their own save so you could restart as any one of them without losing an existing saved game with another character. Or simply, one save slot per character.

Unlocked items and keeping the amount of research points may have some conflict with the idea

I would like to see unlocked research removed on death or new character game. It seems odd to me... and people creating Let's Play videos have to manually delete their save game file to resolve this issue, but that nerfs your experience points (i.e. unlocked characters)... so yeah.

Research points are a non-issue, as they will be removed come January 2013 (during that month). Kevin wasn't happy with the RP grinding players were doing and the new system will use resources to unlock inventions.

but maybe you can have a given number of separate game save files as an option (If you choose a new file, you completely start over). It would help if more than one person wants to play the game without anticipating every other player's death.

Not sure Klei planned for multiple users sharing the same computer.

Another problem is my game easily gets lost after restarting the computer. I shouldn't have to worry this issue.

Are you quitting before a save point? The game only saves at sunset and sunrise.

I needed to make a new game after restarting the computer and all previous data was lost (but not the RP). 3rd time was 2 days ago and since then I have putting my pc to sleep to keep my DS game safe.

You may want to check the Bug threads, or try reporting this issue.

Not sure Klei planned for multiple users sharing the same computer.

what, I should have two computers just so my gf and I can play Don't Starve? I think that's pretty dumb thing not think about.

I'm sure they having something planned for this issue at least. I'd hope.

what, I should have two computers just so my gf and I can play Don't Starve? I think that's pretty dumb thing not think about.

That depends, as your situations may be different. My assumption here was that RenotS had one account (purchased copy) of Don't Starve and was sharing it with another person. While in your case I assume you have two accounts, in which case it should let you sign-off/sign-on using the different user. The save games may be connected to the computer's user profile too, so if you have two on the computer it may recognize you accordingly when you sign-in and access the game (as that user).

I'm sure they having something planned for this issue at least. I'd hope.

If you both have an individual steam account, but for some reason you are both sharing the same save data, then for one of the accounts, you can turn off cloud-synchronization. This way the data for one of you is stored on steams servers, and for the other, the data will be stored right on the computer. If you both share one steam account, then turn off cloud-synch, and you can copy/paste the save data out of the steam folder and back in to have as many different saves as you want. It takes a bit of knowledge of data-management, but it should be well within reason for anyone who wants to solve the issue themselves. ^^

This game is still very new, so don't get too upset with it not having some features that would seem like no-brainers. Most people have their own computer, and Klei have a lot on their plate, so leaving out deveopment on things that will only cater to a small portion of their customer base really is the smart choice. Can't please everyone. ^^

This game is still very new, so don't get too upset with it not having some features that would seem like no-brainers. Most people have their own computer, and Klei have a lot on their plate, so leaving out deveopment on things that will only cater to a small portion of their customer base really is the smart choice. Can't please everyone. ^^

Yes. Agreed.