Meat Effigy and Save point

The game is pretty unforgiving, which is great, and the meat effigy provides a nice little 'extra life'. However, I think it would be in keeping with the game to have the use of a meat effigy (quickly) advance the world through the remainder of the day, and activate at daybreak, when the game saves.Right now when the Meat effigy is used, it is possible to reload the game from the beginning of the day, and thereby save your effigy (and your beard hair!)Jarnigan

Also, considering how other characters won't be able to use this voodoo doll, I think that instead of planting it somewhere you should carry it with you all the time, thus, occupying an inventory slot. This way it would be more balanced for the other characters who can't be resurrected.

The idea that your 'extra life' should take up an inventory space is brilliant. You cheat death but have the inconvenience of loosing an inventory space. Perhaps a smaller voodoo doll could link/connect you to the effigy? If you carried the effigy though it would end up being dropped Where you died, in my case this would 9/10 times be in a crowd of angry spiders, and would result in a second death, making the entire exercise fruitless.

If you carried the effigy though it would end up being dropped Where you died, in my case this would 9/10 times be in a crowd of angry spiders, and would result in a second death, making the entire exercise fruitless.

Unless you don't respawn immediately, but until you choose to; by clicking the heart, for example. That way you can wait for the spiders to go away, the beefalos to calm down and the pigs to digest and pop you.BUT, that would take away the fun of running to your dead body to pick up your loot. I think I like more your idea of both a meat effigy at the camp and a voodoo doll in the inventory.

BUT, that would take away the fun of running to your dead body to pick up your loot.

The Mad dash for dropped items is indeed fun, And can raise tension.The aftermath of the spider incident made me run across half of the island. Only to discover the meat which i had expected to find and filly my belly, was in fact resting in the stomach of a spider. This lead to a mad dash back to base camp as the night began to set in. Edited by Goremech
messed up my words