More small XP gains

I just lost my 32+ day play-through, and have been playing a bit clumsily in my haste to get re-situated. As a result, I've died at least 4 times in a row on the first few days, before getting any research done. I think it would be nice to get a small amount of experience-gain for the time survived, even if it's only a very small amount. It just sucks to die on day three and get absolutely zilch from it.

Maybe getting a point or two for each kill, and hour survived? It would be nice. Thanks for considering!

Edited by Jov

Shouldn't playing clumsily have a consequence? I think getting zilch for being hasty is a perfectly balanced aspect of the game. I think unlocking characters is a good reward scheme for doing well and lasting a long time, instead of just playing a lot (which is rewarded by unlocking things with research points, since science machines are so resource-light to make). Do you disagree?

Shouldn't playing clumsily have a consequence? I think getting zilch for being hasty is a perfectly balanced aspect of the game. I think unlocking characters is a good reward scheme for doing well and lasting a long time, instead of just playing a lot (which is rewarded by unlocking things with research points, since science machines are so resource-light to make). Do you disagree?
No, I agree... I'm just talking about a paltry amount of pity points here - so the player doesn't feel like they have wasted their time completely.