Blueprints

I know there will be some revamping of the technology system.

Maybe the new system could involve blueprints.

Blueprints are rare hidden items the player can find while he explore the world.

They either reduce the cost of research and prototype or are prerequisite to research technology.

They could be rewarded after killing unique mobs, succeeding in treasures hunts or digging graves.

Actually the new research system will be based on the idea that inventions cost resources to prototype. So, for example, say you wanted to invent a gold pick. It might cost double or triple the current resources to make it, but that's to account for trial and error, which lead to wasted resources. However, once you've perfected the prototype model, from that point onwards you can craft it with much fewer resources (similar to what they cost now... maybe slightly less, as I recall).

However I do think we need to do something about the stuff we get from the graves. Amulets have a new purpose, which is great. But what about all that other stuff? I don't want to just use it on the Pig King... I want them to be useful in their own right. I still think the old wiring, for example, should be a component in an invention that only the wiring can create... and the only source of wiring is from a grave.

As for the toys... well there's always Abigail. Maybe giving them to her will grant Wendy "special bonuses" during the night.

Actually the new research system will be based on the idea that inventions cost resources to prototype. So, for example, say you wanted to invent a gold pick. It might cost double or triple the current resources to make it, but that's to account for trial and error, which lead to wasted resources. However, once you've perfected the prototype model, from that point onwards you can craft it with much fewer resources (similar to what they cost now... maybe slightly less, as I recall).

I propose that blueprints might give a discount on such prototypes

However I do think we need to do something about the stuff we get from the graves. Amulets have a new purpose, which is great. But what about all that other stuff? I don't want to just use it on the Pig King... I want them to be useful in their own right. I still think the old wiring, for example, should be a component in an invention that only the wiring can create... and the only source of wiring is from a grave.

As for the toys... well there's always Abigail. Maybe giving them to her will grant Wendy "special bonuses" during the night.

I think its quite a good idea to require some unique items to prototype something, but not all items, only the more advance one.

I propose that blueprints might give a discount on such prototypes

The problems I see with blueprints are twofold. The first? It's been done before. I played Fallout 3, found lots of blueprints and crafted a few of the items associated with them... like the rail spike gun. The second issue is with the fact that the player, well, Wilson, is supposed to be a scientist. It seems like it cheapens his genius to have him relying on someone else's inventions. I would prefer to think he could come up with everything on his own.

And yes, this does create an issue for Willow, Wendy, and Wolfgang. I have no clue how they would come up with some inventions... oh well. Plot hole. ;)

I think its quite a good idea to require some unique items to prototype something, but not all items, only the more advance one.

Well the wiring could potentially be useful in another invention. The ball/cup, lying robot, and rocket... well those are toys and hence why I suggested they might be connected with Abigail. As for the knot and tentacle... no clue. Day of the Tentacle, perhaps? :p

Well the wiring could potentially be useful in another invention. The ball/cup, lying robot, and rocket... well those are toys and hence why I suggested they might be connected with Abigail. As for the knot and tentacle... no clue. Day of the Tentacle, perhaps? :p

Day of the Tentacle, that was fun game. You make me nostalgic. :_|