Walter the Dark Priest

Dont ask me how i got the idea i just got it

Yeah so i tought about an realy evil character something like a Priest of Dark Gods so i decided to make ideas of how you cold make one and how he would work

Lore: (WIP i already have some ideas just need to translate all this stuff)

Abilitys: Because of the Dark nature of the gods Walter works for he needs to sacrifice animals humans and other creatures to earn their favor so he will start with an special item his sacrificial knife this knife cant be used to attack but you can sacrifice monsters and other animals what gives you favor of the dark gods but you wont get loot (example when killing a rabbit you wont get morsel) the bigger and more dangerous the creature the more favor he gets (i still have no idea for what i use favor maybe as a special ability to revive himself but you will lose all your items exept the knife (i wont turn him just into a wizard that use the favor for spells))

Look: (i try t6o do something but i suck at drawing so if someone can make a better pic that look more like how i want him can post it) He would be an old man completly coverd in a pitch black robe. His upper face part would be coverd with the hood of his robe and you only see his eyes shine out of it (like the beefalo eyes in the dark) and you can see a grey beard showing under the hood (to see his mouth movement) also i would say that hes very skinny because of his age.

Voice: Hmm im not sure about this i have 2 ideas for his voice the first one would be a dark voice resembled by a deep bass the other one would be something that sounds like nails on a chalkboard

How the enviroment react to him: Animals can feel his dark presence pretty early and will try to flee when he is near so spiders wont attack him as long as they are not provoked (but only the one you attacked). Pigs will run away in panic and kings wont accept offers from him (maybe i will use his favor to get items from his gods how knows)

Ok thats all for now i will still work on the idea and also try to draw a pic and will write a lore but this stuff needs time

Edited by Mr.P

Not bad, pretty good. Although I think it will have a problem with Don't Starve, Dark Gods and sacrifices sound pretty cool, but I think all of this might make the game too complicated and might not fit in well. :/

Thanks man encourage me to think more about the whole stuff

To the idea itself i was going to do it like you have a 3 circle (under the hunger and health circle) and when you kill something with the sacrificial knife this stat will go up but again im not completly sure how you could use the favor for i think about a alter or a pentagramm you could build to talk to the gods and there you could choose what you want so in basics you can trade your favor for items (not all but some special) or i use it as a special safeguard for newer players so when you have like 60 favor you get revived at your start point or your build pentagramm but will lose half your inventory he would be a usefull beginner character but again i need to think about all the stuff (already have an idea about some other char but it need more thinking so im totaly satisfied with it)

For his voice, it could sound like the seller from Resident Evil 4.

Nahh first of remember that all chars in dont starve dont realy talk its just text above their head and some tones of a music instrument also because walter would be a pretty old char the voice of the vendor would not fit that well but i would find it hilarious if he would have a voice like this

Voice: Hmm im not sure about this i have 2 ideas for his voice the first one would be a dark voice resembled by a deep bass the other one would be something that sounds like nails on a chalkboard

I was talking about that part where you mentioned how his voice could sound like so I tough that you wanted him to talk.

By the way I really like this sacrifice and favor idea. But it would be a bit hard to gather food if animals try to flee but that would make the game more difficult which is what I (everybody?) like.

Edited by bossiethecow