A few ideas I had in mind.

Forgiving/softcore mode

So I was thinking, as much as I like this game sometimes it could be very fustrating to die and day 60 or so and have to do everything all over again, and I wished I could have done another try but have it be like Minecraft, where you die, lose all your stuff on the ground and the world doesn't change.

I know some will say it runes the vibe of the game, but I would like to have it optional when once in a while when I feel like playing a more relaxed experience, or mabye just have it as an option if you died alot of times under a set amount of days.

Different Saves

Im sure this isn't new, but it would be pretty awesome to have different saves, I don't think it needs alot of explaining.

It basicly means I can experiment and decide which world I would like to focus on, or switch it up for different worlds and experiences.

Actual Discovery

What do I mean by this? I mean I would like to uncover mysteries both at the convinience of my campfire and outdoors.

I want to be able to do things like the cooking croc (I think it's what it's called) where I combine things for different effects, and this could be implemented by a sort of laboratroy perhaps, having combining feathers with shrooms and a tentacle for wierd effects.

What effects might that be? Mabye a mutant shroom with feathers that shoots ink out of their eyes, or a purple liquid that solidifies/melts things that come in its way, or mabye just have some potions made of it, the possiblities are endless.

And what do I mean by Mysteries outdoors? I mean besides wandering around the place and uncovering my map I could go into ancient crypts and go in, avoiding traps for a high risk high reward kind of adventure, uncovering lost ancient wisdom and unlock prototypes of things I wouldn't otherwise be able to unlock with research points.

So that's all I have for now, tell me wether you like or hate these ideas, I would be glad for some feedback

Caves and crypts are suggested every day. But I like your idea of unlocking secret prototypes! That is original at least! :) Softcore mode is in opposite of game goal indeed. :) You try to survive as long as you can, that is the only goal we have! Try to build a lot of meat effigys and you have got softcore mode :p

Caves and crypts are suggested every day. But I like your idea of unlocking secret prototypes! That is original at least! :) Softcore mode is in opposite of game goal indeed. :) You try to survive as long as you can, that is the only goal we have! Try to build a lot of meat effigys and you have got softcore mode :p

I understand why you wouldn't want softcore but you can implement the idea of having it optional for beginners that start the game/die alot.

Also, no thoughts about the laboratory idea?

Kevin, one of the devs, told us that he was indeed thinking about a special mode for easier survival sometime in the future. I am a supporter of that idea, since a forgiving experience but be fun for a change of pace and some players might find the normal mode too unforgiving.

Different saves would be a handy things to have and would allow for several world at a time to be in play.

The suggestion of combining items at random is an interesting one. It would be a risk since you might lose some usefull resources with a bad result, but it can give you something very handy too. Similar to the crock pot you can just throw in what you want and see what it gives. Not to mention that it would give players something extra to speculate about.

So I was thinking, as much as I like this game sometimes it could be very fustrating to die and day 60 or so and have to do everything all over again, and I wished I could have done another try but have it be like Minecraft, where you die, lose all your stuff on the ground and the world doesn't change.

Well right now you can accomplish this through the use of the Meat Effigy, and after the next update the Amulet. Conversely, if you're not playing Wilson you can still craft Meat Effigies by crafting/using the Tent and then switching to Wilson, living long enough to grow a beard and shave, then switch back to your other character. Not a neat solution, but then that's what the Amulets will be for in the end.

As for different difficulty, sure, why not? If you want to play a relaxing survival game then you should be given the option. If you want to play hardcore with permadeath, that option should exist as well.

Im sure this isn't new, but it would be pretty awesome to have different saves, I don't think it needs alot of explaining.

It basicly means I can experiment and decide which world I would like to focus on, or switch it up for different worlds and experiences.

In my opinion each character, at most, should have their own "save". In this way if you have an existing game, but a new character is added/unlocked you would be able to try them on a new map without sacrificing your old map.

What do I mean by this? I mean I would like to uncover mysteries both at the convinience of my campfire and outdoors.

I want to be able to do things like the cooking croc (I think it's what it's called) where I combine things for different effects, and this could be implemented by a sort of laboratroy perhaps, having combining feathers with shrooms and a tentacle for wierd effects.

What effects might that be? Mabye a mutant shroom with feathers that shoots ink out of their eyes, or a purple liquid that solidifies/melts things that come in its way, or mabye just have some potions made of it, the possiblities are endless.

And what do I mean by Mysteries outdoors? I mean besides wandering around the place and uncovering my map I could go into ancient crypts and go in, avoiding traps for a high risk high reward kind of adventure, uncovering lost ancient wisdom and unlock prototypes of things I wouldn't otherwise be able to unlock with research points.

Well we have the crock pot... which allows you to combine food items. I'm not to keen on the word "potions", but that can easily be rectified if the idea was you were creating "tonics" instead. There have been suggestions about adding ruins and special island biomes, such as a haunted island which would have graves and large crypts. All interesting ideas. Maybe you should suggest one of them and flesh it out a bit (just not too much...) so you can get input from other forum members.