Anyone else think they should make a way for flint to respwan infinitly?

Jetexx

I've heard this asked over and over again and why not? It's a very valuable resource of materiel and without it I'm pretty sure most people would die in 5 days.

I know it's fun to have a challenge and I do doubt they will have you live forever, but the game is in it's alpha status which means they can still fix it.

As to alternate resources like gold and the possibility of machines or things to produce the resource, just seems a bit far off.

It's easy to fix all you have to do is make flint respawn, but that will be an issue itself. I have read many posts from the creators, it seems to be more of an experiment or spectator watching you to study about the game, which of course I'm fine with as it will lead to a bright future and hopefully "brighter." :wink:

So please let me know of what you think. And if you have any other problems with the game or resources feel free to share it!

there is absolutely no need for that.

flint already got an increased spawnrate from rocks, so if you are at a point you have mined all rocks, you also have spawned tons of flint. in addition, after some time, you don't need flint anymore anyway, I don't even bother picking it up anymore, and the ones I still have go in my crock pot from time to time when I want to have my food beeing crunchy.

golden tools are so much better that flint actually is the very first resource that gets almost completely useless at some point of game progression (I sure hope that gets changed again), only thing you need it for later on is the spear, and actually, after you made your first spear you should go kill a tentalce and get that weapon instead, so even the spear is almost useless at some point.

so no, respawning flint is not only unlogical (given, it's a video game, so durr), but also absolutely pointless.

edit: oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

Edited by Bogpad

See, I had it all wrong for about 120 days which summed up my first and second game (first game was 22 days, the second being 98), using logic I thought gold tools were a waste of resources as gold is a very soft metal and thus, absolute crap for anything that requires an edge.

yeah, they do seem to be just dapper but not usefull, but as Soon as you realize that you can chop down 100 huge trees with one gold axe compared to 5 huge trees with a flint axe, there are no questions left about what kind of tools you should use.

...using logic I thought gold tools were a waste of resources as gold is a very soft metal and thus, absolute crap for anything that requires an edge.

Yes, and that's a comment that's been brought up by me before. However when you get a chance examine your Gold Pick (Shift + RMB) and you'll be treated to the comment: "Hey isn't gold really soft?" :p

So yes, I'm sure they've seen these comments around the forum.

I've heard this asked over and over again and why not? It's a very valuable resource of materiel and without it I'm pretty sure most people would die in 5 days.

I know it's fun to have a challenge and I do doubt they will have you live forever, but the game is in it's alpha status which means they can still fix it.

As to alternate resources like gold and the possibility of machines or things to produce the resource, just seems a bit far off.

It's easy to fix all you have to do is make flint respawn, but that will be an issue itself. I have read many posts from the creators, it seems to be more of an experiment or spectator watching you to study about the game, which of course I'm fine with as it will lead to a bright future and hopefully "brighter." :wink:

So please let me know of what you think. And if you have any other problems with the game or resources feel free to share it!

No.

Like others have said... If you're doing things right, Flint becomes less and less necessary.