Suggestions after several playthroughs

Hi there!

I was introduced to this game while watching streams on twitch. I had decided this game looked fun enough to buy and play, needless to say... I was right!

I know a lot of content suggestions have been tossed around here, and I would just like to add my two cents.

1. Phases of the moon: They're a pretty neat concept, the only effect I seemed to notice was in the pigs, perhaps if several moon events were added, both positive and negative, the cycle could be a lot more interesting.

2. Keep companions down to a minimum: The games atmosphere owes a bit to its feeling of isolation. In my personal opinion, keeping the companion options low would be best to maintain this great vibe.

3. Combat: This is easily my biggest qualm with the game in its current state. Combat is so hit and run that it breaks the experience you have when fighting tougher enemies. By kiting all you want you can kill any creature without fear of life threatening damage. If a monster attacks you, and it shows its attack animation, it should be counted as a hit, however this is not the case.

4. Items similar to Top Hat: I found the top hat to be a very amusing item, items of extreme extravagance in survival games is a must! A few ideas might include constructing a stone monument to SCIENCE, or even crafting a statue of yourself. There could also be a gold version for extra classiness.

I may think of some additional ideas later, feel free to add your thoughts to this thread.

Thanks!

I agree with 1 and 4.

2. The only companions you could have in the game are Abigail (which is only on one character and random when showing up) and Pigs. You have a lot of isolation early on, and if you wish to add a companion, you can.

3. Combat yes is hit and run. But having the animation count as a hit immediately would be stupid. If I pull back my fist, does the person in front me get hit? By having immediate hits, no one would bother trying to fight the mob itself because there would be no point. Instead they would just rely on pigs. The easiest way for combat to be less hit run, would be make the animations faster.

I believe tentacles are the only exception because as Soon as they come up, they're already half way through their attack animation, so it is much harder to take on the tentacles without armor or pigs.

Edited by kalamari157

1. Phases of the moon: They're a pretty neat concept, the only effect I seemed to notice was in the pigs, perhaps if several moon events were added, both positive and negative, the cycle could be a lot more interesting.

Sure, why not? In Terraria there was the blood moon event, when zombies become real bastards. Maybe something bad could happen during the New Moon phase as well, something to do with darkness...?

2. Keep companions down to a minimum: The games atmosphere owes a bit to its feeling of isolation. In my personal opinion, keeping the companion options low would be best to maintain this great vibe.

I also prefer the sense of isolation. Sure you can have pig men and Wendy has Abigail (who keeps getting in my way around camp), but I like that neither of them really stick around. Some people have suggested pets, and I'm not against that either, so long as they limit you to one pet at a time.

3. Combat: This is easily my biggest qualm with the game in its current state. Combat is so hit and run that it breaks the experience you have when fighting tougher enemies. By kiting all you want you can kill any creature without fear of life threatening damage. If a monster attacks you, and it shows its attack animation, it should be counted as a hit, however this is not the case.

Combat certainly does still need some work.

4. Items similar to Top Hat: I found the top hat to be a very amusing item, items of extreme extravagance in survival games is a must! A few ideas might include constructing a stone monument to SCIENCE, or even crafting a statue of yourself. There could also be a gold version for extra classiness.

Yup, the Dapper Vest is on the way, and who knows what will follow?