More Out-of-Combat Movement Speed / Methods of Transportation

I don't mind the exploration of the map portion of the game being slow, but I feel like there's not enough satisfying solutions to getting a character from point A to point B as the game progresses. I don't like using beefalo because they feel too invasive, and the best I can do outside of beefalo is using cane + road, which doesn't feel fun, fast enough, or fulfilling progression from the start. Some characters have higher than average movement speed or special methods of travel, but it feels so slow playing a character without either of those. I think it would be fun if there was some sort of alternative to a rider beefalo, such as a scrap motorcycle or other vehicles that the characters can use to get around.

• Like 3

This is going to sound highly controversial but I’ve been wanting to challenge Klei, by kindly asking them to speed up the game.

As in the entire game, Character movement speed, Resource gathering, enemy attack animations etc..

I feel like if everything was faster, nothing would feel too fast.

there’s probably a mod for this, but I’m on Xbox so … yeah.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Catuna_ said:

I think it'd be really nice if non-character specific teleportation didn't suck

Anything to improve travel times for every character would make me happy, the reason why I didn't mention teleports is because I feel like Klei probably wants to reserve comfortable usage of that power to certain characters. Plus I think more mounts similar to the beefalo (but not nearly as complex) would be really fun.

I know you mentioned beefalo as something you're not personally interested in, but as a beefalo user, I find it frustrating that all of the roads I'm building don't actually make the beefalo experience faster. The result is that blooming wormwood and WX with speed circuits are actually faster than using a beefalo in a developed world.

Splorange, I'm curious about the comment of beefalo feeling too invasive. Is that regarding the upkeep, taming process, or just generally having to keep track of them, manage salt licks for parking areas, etc.?

• Like 1

Thinking about this issue a bit more, it would honestly just be really nice if Lazy Deserter worked for single players. Right click stone in inventory, click Lazy Deserter on map. If not the lazy deserter, then maybe we can get something like that from shadow rift content :)

• Like 2

Double agree with chaosmonkey. While Rider Beefalo with Glossamer saddle is already jaw droppingly fast, probably as fast as I need to ever go, it would still be nice if these roads actually affected them as well. And while I get plenty of value out of the lazy deserter by nightmare creature farming, it'd be nice, as a single player, to use it for it's true intention.