Camera shake slider/expanded setting

Camera shake adds to the immersion of don't starve, but becomes incredibly obnoxious during earthquakes in the cave. Settling between no camera shake or a headache shouldn't have to be a player's choice.

To provide a middle ground, I suggest an expanded screen shake setting. This could come in 2 forms:

1. A weak option in the camera shake setting. Would fit the other settings.

2. A SLIDER. Would not fit with other settings but would be awesome.

A variation of this being added or the earthquake screen shake just being reduced would improve the player's experience greatly.

ᵖˢ ᵖˡˢ ʳᵉ⁻ᵃᵈᵈ ᶜʰᵃʳᵃᶜᵗᵉʳ⁻ˢᵖᵉᶜⁱᶠⁱᶜ ᵉʸᵉˢ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵛᵒⁱᵈ ᶜᵒʷˡ

• Like 1

That's funny, I was looking forward this only a few days ago too :distant: while I had to reconfigure stuff like screen Distortion, set it to 'faint'... I was sitting for a moment wondering if I wanted to disable or not Screen Shake. Had too because this is very disturbing and we have the option, but I'd like to keep it if it was a bit less strong !

I'd also be all for getting new settings type like these sliders, especially if that means mods can use them for their configs or anywhere.

On 4/2/2024 at 8:17 AM, Pet Rock said:

Settling between no camera shake or a headache shouldn't have to be a player's choice.

Going to quickly say if they do this then they should also 100% finally separate insanity volume sounds into their own volume then players can mute it if they wish to do so. That also causes a lot of headaches to people (including myself) and we don't even have an option to disable it without the use of mods unlike screen shake.