Drying racks, long shelflife foods (and apparently discussions about food balance and player experience; veterans vs forumites)

3 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

But he benifits the least out of all characters who can eat it.

Because he can only eat food for sanity and hunger, the best hunger food is bacon n eggs since it has the highest hunger value with the longest spoil duration. In my experience, refreshing the spoil duration to 100% makes it so I can fit 4 slots of bacon n eggs in my bearger bin without having to come back to cook/open bundles/gather food.

Usually I just put my food in a salt box/ice box until they can be bundled (4 stacks), and usually their freshness gets kinda low.

The drying rack serves a nice purpose for summer drying. Althought I would agree that an easier recipe or more meat per rack (any QoL on this item) would be great.

But imo that's also lame. Better for Klei to invent some new food mechanic and have drying racks useful than simply buffing it for the sake of buffing it.

Maybe more items can be dried for more specific recipes. And maybe a new item can be added that requires drying to acquire and its necessary for progression.

16 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Maybe more items can be dried for more specific recipes. And maybe a new item can be added that requires drying to acquire and its necessary for progression.

The lamest way to make an item useful is to force a use for it. We had similar examples with the cave holes originally implemented to make the lazy forager more useful and one of the main reasons to tame a beefalo was to move sculptures. It is much more practical to buff the items in question and/or add optional uses then to tack on forced ones.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

The lamest way to make an item useful is to force a use for it. We had similar examples with the cave holes originally implemented to make the lazy forager more useful and one of the main reasons to tame a beefalo was to move sculptures. It is much more practical to buff the items in question and/or add optional uses then to tack on forced ones.

I disagree with you completely.

The problem is not to require a specific item or structure to progress.

The problem is that specific item being the ONLY option to progress.

I don't like beefalo taming, so I just tame one, move the pieces I need and then kill it.

If there was a different way to move the pieces I would, but I don't play wolfgang from the very first interaction I had with this game.

My main beef with beefalos is that I like to do it myself, not by mounting one. But at the same time I WISH Klei would make an update on beefalo taming to make it more interesting and fun.

And if Klei made a different strat to move pieces (shadow or science helping) instead of the beefalo i would always use it even if it was slower. Currently I moved all lunar altar pieces in my world by boat and hand, took a very long time but I prefer it like that. But for the marble pieces I was forced to tame one, that for me could be improved.

11 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

add optional uses then to tack on forced ones

I think I agree with this part.

On another note, I feel like the lack of options is only a problem when you play the game enough that these little things starts to bother you. I didn't have that problem the first time I killed the cc. Then on my 100th world it gets very repetitive to be forced to choose a specific thing to do instead of having mutiple options.

Edited by Swiyss