Flare / Hostile Flare to destroy Depth Dweller Dens

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

One of the things I truly HATE about DST is that over a very very long period of time, the player can “Destroy” most of the games natural spawning hazards and resources. (Such as clearing the entire swamp of all spider, Merm houses, and hidden swamp tentacles)

What you’re asking for here is to give players even more ability to remove the games challenges. Which make those 50,000 day mega base worlds where players have turned the entire game into their personal amusement park- That much more possible.

But what I’ve been trying to prove to Klei since the day I joined these forums is that these megabases just wouldn’t BE possible if the games hazards and dangers naturally respawned on their own somewhere within their respective biomes.

Example: You COULDNT completely clear a swamp of swamp tentacles if they respawned in the biome after some time.

Hound Dens, Killer Bee Hives, Swamp Tentacle since none of those respawn, they can all be completely destroyed leaving the game world to be a flat and empty wasteland.

Dangling Depth Dens are one of the few we CANT destroy and completely remove from the game.. this suggestion would make it so that they could be, and I don’t like ANY suggestion that allows the game world to become an empty boring wasteland.

(why do you guys think I enjoy starting fresh start worlds after reaching like day 500?)

Klei changed both Mushroom rings and Catcoon Dens so they’ll respawn, why are the games actual threats & hazards still allowed to be wiped into extinction?

All it takes is a single Wendy with Abby on riled up mode to completely remove a games Bee Biome forever.. why is that Klei?

I bet that my 50.000 days megabase is more dangerous and have seen more challenging stuff than walking arround picking grass to be stored in a peasant camp with 10 structures, 0 of them from a boss

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, arubaro said:

I bet that my 50.000 days megabase is more dangerous and have seen more challenging stuff than walking arround picking grass to be stored in a peasant camp with 10 structures, 0 of them from a boss

Irrelevant to the topic. 
so how about this: Flare can shoot down dangling spider dens, but as a direct result of that… they now naturally respawn over time?

Hey look I just gave the op what they wanted AND made flares actually pretty useful. :wilson_love:

• Wavey 1

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Irrelevant to the topic. 
so how about this: Flare can shoot down dangling spider dens, but as a direct result of that… they now naturally respawn over time?

Hey look I just gave the op what they wanted AND made flares actually pretty useful. :wilson_love:

That's not really want they wanted, we don't always have to make a compromise. That being said; How about if they respawn over time only if under cave turf?

3 minutes ago, Uedo said:

That's not really want they wanted, we don't always have to make a compromise. That being said; How about if they respawn over time only if under cave turf?

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Irrelevant to the topic. 

Make it toggeable in the settings like most of the respawning settings

12 minutes ago, Uedo said:

Because the entire point of my suggestion was to give the flares more of an actual Survival use in a game Mode labeled “Survival” which makes perfect sense that you could use the flares to keep them at bay & from over-infesting your cave tunnels if you don’t stay on top of eliminating them ever now and then.

• Wavey 1

2 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Survive a CC kill

Here’s what yall don’t get, new survival content, (or in this case updating existing old content to be more challenging..) doesn’t require a player to kill some end game boss first. LOL..

Op wants flares to kill depth dwellers, I said okay: But they respawn. It’s simple…

And besides- If you want to brag about the CC kills, then I’m sure crafting a few flares to remove a few spiders when they get out of hand will pose no threat to you anyway right?

• Wavey 1

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m sure crafting a few flares to remove a few spiders when they get out of hand will pose no threat to you anyway right?

OK but the point of the suggestion is to reduce busywork when it comes to a non-threat like DDD. I think making super DDD would be its own sort of thing, granted not something I am opposed to (although caves kind of lacks a reason to live down there right now).

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

then I’m sure crafting a few flares to remove a few spiders when they get out of hand will pose no threat to you anyway right?

weren't you the one who went on a tirade about players being able to deal with hazards and making the game "too easy"? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because the entire point of my suggestion was to give the flares more of an actual Survival use in a game Mode labeled “Survival” which makes perfect sense that you could use the flares to keep them at bay & from over-infesting your cave tunnels if you don’t stay on top of eliminating them ever now and then.

I understand YOUR point dude, but, again, that's not what they were asking for.

On 3/20/2024 at 3:22 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Which is something that has to be taken into consideration when you play a MULTIPLAYER GAME.

Why do you think a game like Apex Legends gets so many character balance changes and nerfs? 
as a former wraith main I can sure as hell tell you that the 7 patches worth of consistent nerfs to her was because everybody else wasn’t happy with her.

Yes I’m salty Af about that, to the point I deleted and have no intention of ever replaying that game again…

But my point is that in Multiplayer- All parties involved need to be considered.

Maybe You want to use Abigail in riled mode to clear an entire bee biome out forever, but maybe… I didn’t want my entire biome to go extinct?

What do I do? Ban you? Roll Back? Substitute with Bee Boxes I had to painstakingly reproduce by catching bees in random tumble weeds?

Your being more one-sided then you think I am lol

lmao why was apex legends even involved here the only thing relating dst and that game is that its multiplayer

13 minutes ago, IAmAFurrz said:

lmao why was apex legends even involved here the only thing relating dst and that game is that its multiplayer

Because they’re both group based online coop games that get balance changes, patches, tweaks, buffs and nerfs based on community feedback?

• Wavey 1

15 minutes ago, ChintzyGnat said:

It's the same as hound waves. Once you know how to deal with them they just become annoying. 

At least hound waves are kiteable now thanks to varglets. Those things used to be a "in running distance of a tooth trap field" check :/

Or you know, wanda / wendy check lol

And they came more often...