[UPDATED] My Infinity Infused Moon Shard, Moon Shard and Pure Brilliance Farm.

Hello, this last Hotfix is just amazing. It created the possibility to farm tons of Infused Moon Shards, Moon Shards and Pure Brilliances. 
How? I tell you! 

Last Hotfix: 

During Moonstorm you place a Lightning Rod and a Bookcase near, but not too near each other. Full it with the End is Nigh! books.

image.png.5bea8b46b5a9bfd8adc734631192933b.png

With Wickerbottom or Maxwell read the books. The Lightnings will form a lot of Charged Glassy Rocks in the Lightning Rod, but every time a Lightning hits the Lightning Rod it will break one Charged Glassy Rocks and drop the Infused Moon Shards that you can now collect.

image.png.15e5b61cd29885df0df3d375c3356d2c.png

I recommend the use of a Brightshade Helm and a Rain Coat to allow you to move and protect you from the Moongleams.
I recommend you to bring a lot of Gift Wraps, because this farm is very efficient, a Lazy Forager to collect and one Scaled Chest.

My friends galvinoo and gutooss tested the farm and they recommend read 5 books before break the Lightning Rod. 

Now you can transform the tons and tons of Infused Moon Shards into Pure Brilliance with Wilson skill Lunar Innovator!
And if you let the Infused Moon Shard in the ground it will turn into Moon Shard for you =D

And Thanks Thalz, for allow the tests in your megabase.

Enjoy, and Klei please don't nerf it!

Love :wilson_love:

Edited by Habakkuk
  • Like 13

I've been messing with this quite a bit, and I've certainly been enjoying the results.

A tip I recommended, but I would reccommend (snow) chester to hold 9 End is Nigh! Books as opposed to the bookshelf. As the moonstorm constantly moves around, I personally find it easier to make a central spot for bookshelves with End is Nigh books and bring chester along to the area in question to farm the charged shards. 9 80% book reads net me with over 1K+ moon shards, so unless you are absolutely strapped for shards you really don't need to bring the bookcase along with you. It also has the added benefit of being able to break the lightning rod earlier than normal (if nothing of concern is nearby) since chester will resist the fire damage, allowing you to potentially stock up on more moon shards.

I personally do 12 reads per cycle, as by the 11th-12th book the glass below the lightning rod starts to break, giving you ample time to cast the pain. It also doubles that after 3 reads, all 9 books in chester should be at 20% and ready to cycle.

Regardless, I am very happy with this farm setup, and am happy End Is Nigh gets a very nice niche to shine in!

• Like 3