Prevent Oni from disabling mods

To be honest, the "AI" which decides what mods caused the problem ist broken AF. It just disables mods at random and its annoying. I would be 500% faster troubleshoooting the game/mods without some half baked system constantly interfering and disabling 50 mods at once, that i clearly know they are NOT the current problem.

So, is there a switch to shut that behavior off somewhere?

When the game disables mods, you can reenable them in the same screen.

I rather have that feature on so i can get rid of any mod that would prevent me from starting the game.

Edited by melquiades

34 minutes ago, melquiades said:

not always

and the feature is more annoying than it is usefull for someone who either has a lot of mods or has some minimal knowledge about reading the crash message

16 hours ago, melquiades said:

I rather have that feature on so i can get rid of any mod that would prevent me from starting the game.

In 99,99999% of all cases the game itself will load just fine. It just crashes when loading a save or starting a new game. So i do not have need for anything disabling something, which is wrong most of the time too.

Its just guessing, not knowing. On the other side i can read logs. I can find the culprit on my own and fix the problem. I´m doing this with dozens of games since forever.

On 3/15/2024 at 12:15 PM, SGT_Imalas said:

not always

Sorry, I haven't bumped into a crash that didn't show me the disabled mods screen and also disabled the mods in the game at the same time.

On 3/16/2024 at 4:24 AM, SharraShimada said:

Its just guessing, not knowing. On the other side i can read logs. I can find the culprit on my own and fix the problem. I´m doing this with dozens of games since forever.

You can read the main error in the same screen, Alt+Tab and find the log to read, you can also decide to reenable the mod right there in that screen or go with the game's suggestion (and yes it is always fast track according to it lol), this actually saves you a game restart.

And you might be able to read logs, but most people don't, most can't even find the file in their devices, those people will benefit from the game doing what is doing right now.

Seriously, this might be annoying but it is hardly an issue, and i would rather Klei to spend that coding time doing literally anything else.

• there are crashes that immediatly crash to desktop, disabling mods without the option to reenable
  • there are crashes that disable mods and dont list them in that list

fast track will allways be wrongfully blamed and thats atleast one unnecessary click each crash

the disabling mod feature is more annoying than it helps and thats what that mod is for.

as you might notice, this is in the "mods and tools" forum, not the "feedback and ideas"