lowkey wish Willow's alignment skills set enemies on fire

like after you hit an enemy with either skill they get set on fire with either shadow flame or lunar fire regardless of whether or not they were flammable before

this is mainly just so you actually use burning frenzy more and incentives the skills to be used in addition to attacking normally 

rn the enemies you'd use burning frenzy on, most of the raid bosses like cc and afw, are immune to being set on fire and i just wish that you could use it since it's a fun idea and adds a little bit more to keep track of in dst combat

idk to balance it maybe just make it so enemies affected by either fires don't get stunned or something

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Alexx7 said:

this is mainly just so you actually use burning frenzy more and incentives the skills to be used in addition to attacking normally 

I wish Burning Frenzy felt less gimmick-y to me.

There's not a lot of enemies that both have enough health and can be set on fire that I encounter constantly that'd make me want to use the spell. 
It being an entirely combat focused skill with a requirement that a portion of the mobs in the game can't fulfill feels very off.

I wish it either did something a bit more interesting, like setting Willow on fire for thorns damage like Burning Bernie, or let you set mobs that normally are immune, on fire.
Less important, but it being one of the few skills to not actually start, or have fire involved in it visually bugs me. Unless you count the marker, I guess.

• Like 6

I made a post regarding further improvements to Willow a few days earlier, but there hasn't been much activity, probably because I'm pretty problematic admittedly. Maybe one of you could look through it, choose what aspects you agree with, then make a post of your own?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Variant said:

I wish Burning Frenzy felt less gimmick-y to me.

There's not a lot of enemies that both have enough health and can be set on fire that I encounter constantly that'd make me want to use the spell. 
It being an entirely combat focused skill with a requirement that a portion of the mobs in the game can't fulfill feels very off.

I wish it either did something a bit more interesting, like setting Willow on fire for thorns damage like Burning Bernie, or let you set mobs that normally are immune, on fire.
Less important, but it being one of the few skills to not actually start, or have fire involved in it visually bugs me. Unless you count the marker, I guess.

After unlocking this skill and realizing how incredibly disappointing it was, I immediately Re spec’d my skill points into something else.

I’m not certain what Klei was thinking when they added it (maybe to work alongside other players attacking mobs with fire staffs or something..) But I can say from an Xbox players point of view that “powering up” to deal more damage to enemies that are on fire isn’t very fun, and feels entirely situational at best..

The only thing that I can possibly think of that is going to make this skill more useful is if Fire mobs are added to the game, (such as redesigning red hounds so they look more like a Borderlands Fire-Skag with flames going down their back)

A mob that is “Always on Fire” would DEFIANTLY give the skill to do more damage to mobs that are on fire a huge boost.

Not to mention, Wigfrids mostly useless fireproof scroll- it’s a Double Win!

• Wavey 1

If willows alignment skills set enemies on fire that's all you'd ever have to use 

I'm not sure what the solution is to appropriately balancing them, but if you got flames back they'd be worth using 100% of the time, which is certainly not intended. 

What willow needs is something worth using on bosses, that isn't spammable 

IE she should have a DOT alignment spell better than burn intended for bosses 

Especially with Bernie useless against them 

Edited by Kwaik