Suggestion for the Chapauldron and character specific recipes

I do recognize that it doesn't currently do anything but I'd still like to give some suggestions over what it could do.
My biggest wish is that we'd get a head slot item that protects against earthquakes and lunar hail that is not exclusive to Woodie. Seeing that the quote for it is how sharp the tip is, I think it'd be a great candidate to fill that niche and to keep things a bit more even across all survivors.
For the main function though, even if it means adding durability to the item it would be very cool as a low damage reduction armor piece with lower durability that lets characters just charge and poke things with it. The availability of the hard wood hat would mean that it's not being overshadowed at all, too.

On the same note this is definitely not going to ever happen but I feel like The magician's box shouldn't be Maxwell exclusive. It's an item that Maxwell benefits from the least out of the roster with his magician's hat and it just removes a lot of convenience that we would otherwise have to have a failsafe for Chester dying and to have an easier time with, for example, inventory management with repeat trips down to the ruins. It's the only way to access shadow storage in the caves, why is it an exclusive structure? And again, Maxwell already has a way more convenient way of accessing it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Catuna_ said:

The magician's box shouldn't be Maxwell exclusive

I feel the same, but i have another idea that i think is better.

What if in the caves, there was shadow tears (A crack in the ground or something, you guess what it looks like) hidden around where you can access the shadow inventory? They will be like mini setpieces, maybe with things around it. It can be a fun and useful gimmick for the caves that the player may find useful, and be a way to deal with Maxwell greifers hiding things in the storage. 

Along with this change, shadow storages in caves will be linked with the surface ones, giving shadow chester a neat use. (Mods can do this)

Edited by Jakepeng99

25 minutes ago, Catuna_ said:

On the same note this is definitely not going to ever happen but I feel like The magician's box shouldn't be Maxwell exclusive. It's an item that Maxwell benefits from the least out of the roster with his magician's hat and it just removes a lot of convenience that we would otherwise have to have a failsafe for Chester dying and to have an easier time with, for example, inventory management with repeat trips down to the ruins. It's the only way to access shadow storage in the caves, why is it an exclusive structure? And again, Maxwell already has a way more convenient way of accessing it. 

abb409ab-7f8d-469a-85cb-0586f2282e29_tex

First thing I thought of when I saw it was that it would be some sort of ground drill, like a thing you could maybe place on the plugged sinkholes that are clogged on pearls hermit island to open whatever she’s hiding down there.

(cue Pig & Merm romance skeleton) :lol:

• Wavey 1