Chest suggestions

1 hour ago, Habakkuk said:

chest zone meta

the meta is throwing stuff onto the ground, chests are worse in comparison to ground because you need to spend time opening and looking through them to find what you want and you'd usually need to walk more to chests with something you need in comparison to walking to stuff dropped onto the ground, since items on the ground have no collision and can be put all in 1 place instead of requiring multiple tiles

• Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Habakkuk said:

This is something I don't like, have one or a few chests in the base would make the game very strange, in my opinion. It would look modded, and the fun of build a chest zone would be lost. I think one slot for infinity storage is better than 9 because only a few things need so much storage space. I don't want  to kill the chest zone meta, but I am open to new kinds of storage. 

Majority of the players don't like "chest zone meta", if you want to build hundreds of chests for decoration it is still an option for you but it shouldn't be a necessity for everyone that wants to keep items in chests and be organized.

2 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Majority of the players don't like "chest zone meta", if you want to build hundreds of chests for decoration it is still an option for you but it shouldn't be a necessity for everyone that wants to keep items in chests and be organized.

If the game becomes so easy and simple there is no challenge and no fun.

DST works more or less like that: 
Problem leads to Work that leads to Reward. 
If there is no challenge the end game is so fast that the game will be boring. Some problems are there to give us something to do. What is is the point of a survival game that offers no no harshness? 

1 minute ago, Habakkuk said:

If the game becomes so easy and simple there is no challenge and no fun.

DST works more or less like that: 
Problem leads to Work that leads to Reward. 
If there is no challenge the end game is so fast that the game will be boring. Some problems are there to give us something to do. What is is the point of a survival game that offers no no harshness? 

how is holding space near trees and using the infinite amount of available in game time to make chests challenging and fun

Just now, grm9 said:

how is holding space near trees and using the infinite amount of available in game time to make chests challenging and fun

Bro, there is people who like construction and farming. 

Just now, Habakkuk said:

Bro, there is people who like construction and farming

how is that challenging and harsh and how do you have fun holding space near trees and placing chests

Just now, grm9 said:

how is that challenging and harsh and how do you have fun holding space near trees and placing chests

Think about that. I am believe that you will find out. 
And just to make it clear, I am in favor of better storage.

7 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

Think about that. I am believe that you will find out

ig you could try to make yourself feel like you accomplished something by making a lot of chests but i still don't see how is it challenging and harsh