16 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

It might be fun to have a hostile or neutral mob which creates temporary slippery ice to defend itself.

I like slipping.

my 'mostly aquatic' character could always be able to slip on land would be a funny downside (would mean that movement speed increases aren't reliable/don't really work)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ADM said:

Sorry but for your information the Iceologer lost the mob vote : (

cant believe the Ice Lodger lost to the Moon Jelly

• Haha 1
  • Potato Cup 2

So seeing as there’s all the jokes about Minecraft going on…

Minecrafts doing something, weird, new..(atleast for console players) and kinda Exciting?!

We now have “Add-Ons” which adds well uhh additional content into the base game, this can be both content officially created by Mojang or by Mod Creators.

But it’s cool how I can now buy a “Animals pack” and get 120 natural spawning animals added to the biomes of my worlds.

Ark Survival Ascended (or whatever the heck the newest version is called..) now has the ability to download & install mods, both official ones made by Studio Wild Card, and Unofficial ones made by mod creators.

I feel it’s important that I bring this up because ASA’s new Dino’s are added into the game through Add-Ons/Mods, so instead of having to sit and install 60gb updates, you only need to update the smaller mod packs.

All of this is to say that IF (& that’s a big If…) DST was to ever get such an add-on/mod feature: Klei can add your Ice Monster Idea as an add on/mod without needing to update the game as often.

But I have no idea how all that works, I’m just glad I don’t have to install 40gb of update to Ark anytime they decide to add a new Dino anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

add-on/mod feature

If only there was a thing called steam workshop and add-ons are still player made on bedrock. Also yeah mobs can be added with mods but that's still has to be separately maintained by the dev.

• Like 1
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

So seeing as there’s all the jokes about Minecraft going on…

Minecrafts doing something, weird, new..(atleast for console players) and kinda Exciting?!

We now have “Add-Ons” which adds well uhh additional content into the base game, this can be both content officially created by Mojang or by Mod Creators.

But it’s cool how I can now buy a “Animals pack” and get 120 natural spawning animals added to the biomes of my worlds.

Ark Survival Ascended (or whatever the heck the newest version is called..) now has the ability to download & install mods, both official ones made by Studio Wild Card, and Unofficial ones made by mod creators.

I feel it’s important that I bring this up because ASA’s new Dino’s are added into the game through Add-Ons/Mods, so instead of having to sit and install 60gb updates, you only need to update the smaller mod packs.

All of this is to say that IF (& that’s a big If…) DST was to ever get such an add-on/mod feature: Klei can add your Ice Monster Idea as an add on/mod without needing to update the game as often.

But I have no idea how all that works, I’m just glad I don’t have to install 40gb of update to Ark anytime they decide to add a new Dino anymore.

'Now' meaning not now and 'New...(atleast for console players)' meaning not new for console players.