Maybe good to add new rift content in ruins as jumpscare, horror and more abominations of sorts instead of goofy silly goobers?

I kinda get that DS-T kinda is striving away from being a horror and being as a dreadful cutesy game with only gentle horror aspects I'd wanna actually see Klei putting something to experiment with and making horrors feel like actually menacing creatures that either come from nowhere, set up traps or creep after the player to cause paranoia.

Ruins been always a slightly creepy place with monsters bringing in the tenseness due to all the monsters that want to eat you, but horror aspect wise there being only nightmare creatures creeping in doing random jabs at the player when least expected due to their elusive natures or it's the breathing of a nearby ruined bishop that's staring at you, creeping and waiting for the intruder to get into it's hunting ground it defends.

I mean, nothing scary about monkeys but when they swarm you and you know you can't do more than either trying to run away fast enough, teleport if you can or endure their annoying chasing during phase time, but maybe you get the point what I mean.

I want more nightmares in the horror, and horror to be terrifying. Something what ruins before and sometimes captivate, and anything in the cave that we'd try to pursue would be met with more creeping shadowy interactions to make something that we find safe to be untrustworthy. Like statues when they're in their nightmare form having a chance to release a shadow as a trap, but maybe something to bring in as more punishing with it.

Maybe we could gather more dreadstone and fuel with some ruin areas being so corrupt and overgrown, clockworks fusing or reshaped, exploring from acid and reassembling into something we would not recognize... Possibilities are endless. Let's not miss this opportunity.

PS: I do think the shadow trio boys are charming for goobers that they are as shadows, but I really wouldn't wanna see the scary part of the game being reduced to goobers goobing instead of bringing actual fright and doom to players that try venturing forward. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Spooky 1

44 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

nothing scary about monkeys

Spoiler

'cept getting stunlocked and shredded.

To me DS franchise has never been scary or creepy apart from epilogue in DS. Hearing ragtime and seeing Max like that was kinda eerie. Actually no nvm i lied. Getting jumpscared by the stagehand for the first time gave me a heart attack :D

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:
  Reveal hidden contents

'cept getting stunlocked and shredded.

To me DS franchise has never been scary or creepy apart from epilogue in DS. Hearing ragtime and seeing Max like that was kinda eerie. Actually no nvm i lied. Getting jumpscared by the stagehand for the first time gave me a heart attack :D

Stagehand kinda comes from nowhere is kinda spooky vibe ngl. And I like it, it's cute kinda jumpscare. But anything slow and creeping as a death coming or new ways to mess with the player in a very harsh and nightmarish environment I feel like it would be perfect for Klei to channel the inner Screecher vibe or something.

3 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

kinda get that DS-T kinda is striving away from being a horror and being as a dreadful cutesy game

Man, i recover the faith on klei in this regard after crystal deerclops and armored bearger..they are pretty morbid and the puppet animation is really creepy

I prefer that over unispired edgy emo teenager designs all over the place

• Like 8

2 hours ago, arubaro said:

Man, i recover the faith on klei in this regard after crystal deerclops and armored bearger..they are pretty morbid and the puppet animation is really creepy

I prefer that over unispired edgy emo teenager designs all over the place

I really enjoyed the crystal deerclops one. It is so creepy, his eye is gone and his animations are all broken (in a good way).

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I kinda get that DS-T kinda is striving away from being a horror

DS-T

horror

Sorry, what?

9 hours ago, arubaro said:

This is pretty subjective, but I think these designs inspire more pity than anything. How about a poll?

5 hours ago, Cockroach Lily said:

Sorry, what?

DS/T is a has slight horror elements to the games and as mentioned Crystal deerclops is kinda the vibe I'd want more of but for ruins to be more morbid or unsettling kind of vibes to be increased more.

• Like 4

horror? you need a monster that looks.....abomination....then something i could somewhat tell what its even supposed to be, yea, more monsters that look just abomination like...that kinda scary i think

Klei could learn from Massive Monster team how to make their game both cutesy and full of nightmare inducing imagery at same time.

It can be done one doesn't need to cancel out the other.

Edited by ALCRD

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

Klei could learn from Massive Monster team how to make their game both cutesy and full of nightmare inducing imagery at same time.

It can be done one doesn't need to cancel out the other.

Ngl, i was really hoping we'd get leshy.