Future DLCs will require random cluster generators

I'm super excited about the news of future DLCs with new biomes! 

I'm sure they will be very fun and creative, as you showed us before! I just see one potential issue of new biomes being available in our games... I'm sure for 1st DLC Klei will be able to manually craft some pretty maps, but as the number of biome DLCs will increase it will be harder and harder... Manually created maps will either miss some of the DLCs we bought, or making all of them, taking into acount all combinations of enabled/disabled biome DLCs will grow more and more difficult.

To make things easier, we would need Random Cluster Generator QoL update available for everyone. It would create random SO! clusters (or vanilla asteroids) based on given parameters: like asteroid size and count, biomes available during the game, starting asteroid biomes, story traits, etc. Allow to opt in for randomness each time if someone wanted fully unknown game!

That would allow us to generate maps with any or all biomes and greatly increase replayability. I hoped to see something like that for SO! (I love that DLC, but after a few games there is no unknown on the map and the exploration is just reduced to search for the particular asteroid we want to visit and know it is out there), but for future DLCs it will be must have! Without it, it will be impossible to manage all of DLCs biomes correctly...

• Like 6

Great idea, especially considering the changes made last year (eg bleachstone hopper) that make it harder to get stuck with non-renewable resources. A few new space POIs and we’d be good to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pether said:

To make things easier, we would need Random Cluster Generator QoL update available for everyone. It would create random SO! clusters (or vanilla asteroids) based on given parameters: like asteroid size and count, biomes available during the game, starting asteroid biomes, story traits, etc. Allow to opt in for randomness each time if someone wanted fully unknown game!

This is the level of customization I long for.

• Like 1