Why am I losing isoresin under one vent, and not the other?

My resin tree planetoid has 2 W-volcanoes at the bottom, spread far apart, so I built a vary wide steam room, put a vent at each volcano and then a 3rd one in the center for a (possibly failed) gutter cooler:Screenshot2024-02-28at20_29_35.png.cd674430b2460b5c1a9dc6ecdaf5acaf.png

I decided to take a closer look at the isoresin production - snipping pipes and toggling loader filters - and noticed that under the vent on the right, I'm losing half the isoresin - after phase change I get 3 chunks, 275 + 700 + 275 grams. In the gutter cooler, I get 275 + 2225 (no loss) and under the left I get 275 + 1950 + 275 (no loss).

Has anyone encountered/investigated this or other instances of isoresin loss?

Spoiler

The building arrangement is slightly different at each end, here's the ones I can think of:

• the bad side has a tempshift plate directly under the vent (and the vent is within the plate's range), on the good side the vent sits between 2 tempshift plates, above their range
  • the bad side has resin landing on obsidian insulated tile, the good side has it landing on neutronium
  • the bad side has a 2x2 logic gate on the landing cell, the good side has on multi-cell buildings other than the tempshift plates

EDIT: Turns out I'm not technically losing isoresin, but liquid resin. 10 kilos exit the pipe, 5 kilos land on the floor. What?! :confused:
Screenshot2024-02-28at22_23_39.png.da60e4355369d34b3ec285eb710ac006.png

20240228215126_1.jpg

isoresin loss investigation.sav

Edited by myxal
Added save and more info

Try restricting the flow of the isoresin droplets, something like 1 Kg or 2. To ensure it flashes right away, and see if it helps.

Also, don't let the steam turbines on all the time so temperature is high enough and with good steam pressure.

Edited by melquiades

Thanks for the responses. I went with the reasoning in that bug report, which puts the blame on "partial evaporation" (isn't that flaking?) so I figured I would increase the thermal mass in the cell where the resin lands, so that it ALL can transform in 1 tick. I added 2 aluminum plates at the right volcano. I'm giving up on using resin in the cooling gutter, so I'm rerouting the pipes so that resin is only vented at the volcanoes.

Automation open the vents at >135°C. More automation control turbines and liquid shutoffs to keep steam pressure between 17-20kg, temperature between 145-175°C.