Does Wilson Know What a Guitar Is?

Ofc he would, The others would too.

The only ones i can see that wouldn't know are the natives like  Wormwood and Wurt.

Wortox probably knows since he can travel between dimensions.

Time period of pre DS events is probably 20th century since Maxwells final performence references San Franciscos earthquake of 1906 (also the overall aesthetic and technology from the shorts). Or maybe i'm spouting nonsense like a madman 

Honestly the question is really silly cause guitars were appearantly invented in the 16th century so there's no way anyone from the character roster wouldn't know.

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Like 1

https://dontstarve.wiki.gg/wiki/Trinkets

Wilson’s quote for the ukulele trinket references a guitar, so he’s aware of its existence. However it’s pretty clear Wilson is ignorant of anything related to music.

Woodie and Maxwells quote also imply that they are just as ignorant.

Wigfrid is probably proficient with several instruments since she is capable of accurately identifying the notes that shell bell's emit.

Webber and Walter appear to have some level of knowledge with music. Their quotes suggest, at minimum, a minor familiarity with music.

Everyone else appears to have at least rudimentary knowledge or have yet to reveal anything about their proclivities with music.

Edited by ButterStuffed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Honestly the question is really silly cause guitars were appearantly invented in the 16th century so there's no way anyone from the character roster wouldn't know.

Thanks... :wilson_facepalm: I should have figured that out.

7 minutes ago, ButterStuffed said:

https://dontstarve.wiki.gg/wiki/Trinkets

Wilson’s quote for the ukulele trinket references a guitar, so he’s aware of its existence. However it’s pretty clear Wilson is ignorant of anything related to music.

Wigfrid is probably proficient with several instruments since she is capable of accurately identifying the notes that shell bell's emit.

Woodie and Maxwells quote also imply that they are just as ignorant. Everyone else appears to have at least rudimentary knowledge or have yet to reveal anything about their proclivities with music.

Wow, thanks! That's really helpful. 

If anyone wants to read my story, they can find it here:

I'll be posting more as soon as I get this latest chapter finished.

• Happy Hazard 1

22 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

image.png.1e56ad156eed37d21ea69879a1960e8d.png

If NecroDancer would do actual collab with Klei while publishing BYG's new game then this image would be cannon and I'm all up for it. Pls Klei I want musical weapon.

Yeah, that's cool. I would love to see musical weapons. I actually have a character (in the story and an upcoming mod) who uses guitars, so at least if you play on PC you can use guitars.