Random pool

What do you think?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Voidwalking

• Remove it (fix it).
    • Keep it.
    • Add it as feature (rework)(flying hutch?).
  2. 2. Crab king

• Its a very hard fight.
    • Its an easy fight.
    • It is "too" hard (unfair for solo).
    • It could be easier.
    • It could be different.
  3. 3. Current raid bosses are too repetitive in the late game? (dfly, bqueen, klaus)

• Yes, lower the hp for solo.
    • Yes, make it easier to kill them after killing it once. (add a type of boss mastery that helps a second time).
    • No, they are hard and the fight is fun and should stay like this.
    • No, they are easy bosses and should stay like this.
    • After some knowledge, the fights get easier naturally, but still repetitive.
  4. 4. Should affinity choice be better implemented with new features?

• Make more fixed drawbacks and upsides for choosing an affinity.
    • Make affinities influence weapon usage (combat only)(glass cutter interactions when lunar alligned/dark sword interactions when shadow alligned (for early impact)).
    • I really enjoy the current 10% bonus damage and that is enough.
    • I think that the current affinities skills AND buffs don't deserve a drawback.
    • I would like drawbacks.
  5. 5. Are you in favor of getting a new deep NPC story arc (like Rotwood npc interaction/The sims 4 inspiration/follower update + interactions) + casual gameplay?

• Make character quotes influence the environment. Force the hermit crab to give the pearl in some way (for speedrunners, 7 quests give the pearl) vs being more friendly with the hermit give you extra rewards (new special things for decoration)
    • FOLLOWER UPDATE. You can talk to pigs, upgrade their houses (they'll thank you), make they heal in-combat/allied followers take a little less damage, beefalo reviver (their bodies stay for a day). Upgrade pigs to guardian, interact with the king, add pig currency as well as the same for all merms and spiders.
    • FOOD UPDATE. Add more foods to the game with already existent ingredients, as well as making current recipes more impactful (aside from the stats, some foods could be more situational and worthwhile)
    • CAVE UPDATE. Just add 2-5 new biomes and cool random things to do there that unlocks decorations + npc interactions (like giving pearl a toilet). As well as adding more lengthy challenges to the caves.
    • No.

6 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Rework tentacle pillars. Also add a shadow tentacle pillar which leads to the atrium.

But there's no shadow power in atrium until you plug the key. How about a normally blocked tentapillar hole but in nightmare phase a shadow tentapillar burst out and you have to kill that? Would be boring to wait but just an idea.

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Swiyss said:

Random pool w/ve

Every Boss is easy after you learn how to cheese it, every boss is difficult when you don't know how to defeat it. 
The forum is full of people that know how to cheese all bosses, it is why so  many come here to ask for an increase in the difficulty.
The forum is full of people that don't know how to cheese all bosses, it is why so  many come here to ask for a decrease in the difficulty.

My opinion is that late game bosses should be more difficult to kill and early game more easy. the first time you see a deerclops it is a nightmare, but after you kill it 100 times it is very easy.

Edited by Habakkuk
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

My opinion is that late game bosses should be more difficult to kill and early game more easy

would be bad since people would never start new world and no one would play on public servers because it'd be boring

53 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

But there's no shadow power in atrium until you plug the key. How about a normally blocked tentapillar hole but in nightmare phase a shadow tentapillar burst out and you have to kill that? Would be boring to wait but just an idea

you won't be able to exit atrium until around 2 days after killing FW in that case, since iirc phase gets switched to dawn after gateway starts destabilizing

Just now, grm9 said:

would be bad since people would never start new world and no one would play on public servers because it'd be boring

True, we need something like "after unlocking the path once, doing it twice gets easier". Skill trees do that theoretically, but some affinities only work after unlocking rifts while others are available day 1. How is this not fixed yet? Honestly there too many things that could be fixed in skill tree area.

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

True, we need something like "after unlocking the path once, doing it twice gets easier". Skill trees do that theoretically, but some affinities only work after unlocking rifts while others are available day 1. How is this not fixed yet? Honestly there too many things that could be fixed in skill tree area

i meant that it'd be boring if it'd be too easy

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

Just now, grm9 said:

i meant that it'd be boring if it'd be too easy

I don't think it would be boring. rather if I killed deerclops once, I would like my next fight to be easier. I enjoy conquering things, and that's in my instinct as well as most men, so I don't think it would be boring.

I also agree tho that current bosses should not be nerfed. that would be a really bad thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grm9 said:

you won't be able to exit atrium until around 2 days after killing FW in that case, since iirc phase gets switched to dawn after gateway starts destabilizing

When I mean easy, I don't mean that bosses we already have now should be nerfed. I mean easy for DST standards. 
I actually would prefer bosses like DF and Moose attacking our bases like in RoG, and Antlion attacking us in the sea during summer. And I believe that we should have bosses attacking us in the sea and caves every season or in a different calendar. 

Edited by Habakkuk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

rather if I killed deerclops once, I would like my next fight to be easier. I enjoy conquering things

that wouldn't really be an achievement if the boss would just take more damage from you or you would take less damage from it, killing something without getting unnecessary buffs would be more of an achievement, so it'd be boring because things would keep getting easier

Edited by grm9

Just now, grm9 said:

that wouldn't really be an achievement if the boss would just take more damage from you or you would take less damage from it, killing something without getting unnecessary buffs would be more of an achievement, so it'd be boring because things would keep getting easier

I'll give you an example. Killing deerclops give you his eye, so you can choose if you wanna make a hat for spring with it or use the houndius shootius in your next fight. Houndius shootius now deal 4x damage to deerclops. Now I can plant some in an area and make a "deerclops arena" to spawn and kill him any time I want to.

Houndious shoot does too litle damage and too slowly to actually make an impact on deerclops, but they're great for hounds and spiders. Amassing a large number of them is not that cool, it is tedious and the time spent crafting them won't come back by killing it faster. Also we already have a better use for deerclops eye on crystaleyezer

Where's the option for "most of the raid bosses need a rework"? I'd want to see Dragonfly be less basic, Bee Queen be less awful to fight as most characters (since the only viable way for most is to build an army of followers), and Toadstool be less unforgiving without weather pains and have better loot (without cheesing him to get stuck on a pond, you're kind of screwed without pains even as Woodie or Maxwell). Crab King also needs a total overhaul to not suck all-around, and it'd be nice if Fuelweaver's vulnerable phases lasted longer with fewer players in the Atrium (since, right now, it's painful to fight him solo as anyone but Wolfgang or Wanda).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Bee Queen be less awful to fight as most characters (since the only viable way for most is to build an army of followers)

wormwood has bramble husk and brightshade stuff and moon shrooms, maxwell has shadow prison, woodie has a moose setup, wendy has abigail, willow has the spell that ignites everything around you and lunar fire, warly and wolfgang are much better at using flute strat, wickerbottom has tentacles book, walter has slingshot somewhat, wigfrid has scare song, winona has catapults, webber has spiders, wurt has merms, most characters have their own method for BQ at this point

I'd want to see Dragonfly be less basic

it's still fine and it might end up being less enjoyable for people that currently enjoy it in comparison to making a new boss without removing the way dfly currently works

Toadstool be less unforgiving without weather pains and have better loot (without cheesing him to get stuck on a pond, you're kind of screwed without pains even as Woodie or Maxwell)

making loot better makes sense but pond isn't really cheese and you can easily kill it as maxwell with just fuelweaver stuff and a light source since toadstool generates nightmare fuel on it's own and you can kill duelists on your own to be able to spawn choppers and everyone can use torch 

Crab King also needs a total overhaul to not suck all-around

he only requires reducing claws' hp and making it possible to place boats on top of items and birds and maybe making solo heal cancel more intuitive, maybe adding an indication for when hits count for interrupting the heal

it'd be nice if Fuelweaver's vulnerable phases lasted longer with fewer players in the Atrium (since, right now, it's painful to fight him solo as anyone but Wolfgang or Wanda)

no need to make it easier, you can already 1 cycle him as wolfgang with dark sword, he's fine atm            

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

Where’s the ocean content update poll option? The oceans been in the game since 2019 and it still has so little content that I’ve quite literally fallen asleep traveling from point of interest to point of interest within it.

Atleast when I take long treks through empty cave halls there’s a chance that I’ll starve to death, run out of light, go insane and get chased by shadow creatures, have a random cave quake/rain/acid rain mix things up a bit.

The Ocean however feels like a loading screen between points of interest, and boy do I hate it.

Which is saying a lot.. because I loved the Shipwrecked DLC, it was my favorite expansion for DS.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

wormwood has bramble husk and brightshade stuff and moon shrooms, maxwell has shadow prison, woodie has a moose setup, wendy has abigail, willow has the spell that ignites everything around you and lunar fire, warly and wolfgang are much better at using flute strat, wickerbottom has tentacles book, walter has slingshot somewhat, wigfrid has scare song, winona has catapults, webber has spiders, wurt has merms, most characters have their own method for BQ at this point

it's still fine and it might end up being less enjoyable for people that currently enjoy it in comparison to making a new boss without removing the way dfly currently works

making loot better makes sense but pond isn't really cheese and you can easily kill it as maxwell with just fuelweaver stuff and a light source since toadstool generates nightmare fuel on it's own and you can kill duelists on your own to be able to spawn choppers and everyone can use torch 

he only requires reducing claws' hp and making it possible to place boats on top of items and birds and maybe making solo heal cancel more intuitive, maybe adding an indication for when hits count for interrupting the heal

no need to make it easier, you can already 1 cycle him as wolfgang with dark sword, he's fine atm            

Why are you using Dark Sword Wolfgang with animation cancels as a measuring stick? He literally does twice as much damage as a normal character, or more if you've got the relevant planar perks. Use Wilson (or someone else with no damage modifier) as your baseline like a sensible individual, please.

Also, "just Fuelweaver stuff"? Fuelweaver dying starts the shadow postgame. There's no just Fuelweaver stuff, that's literally Maxwell's best end-of-game gear (and, again, that's one specific character). 

Fair point about Bee Queen and I can see the argument for Dragonfly staying the same and not getting more variety in its attack patterns.

It seems we're basically in agreement about Crab King. You said a lot of things that'd need to change to make him a good boss and I also think he needs a lot of changes. One thing I'd like to add that'd help a bit is making him always wet since he's standing in the ocean, which'd mean that the morning star/volt goat chaud-froid would be effective against him. 

9 minutes ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Why are you using Dark Sword Wolfgang with animation cancels as a measuring stick?

i'm not, point was that there's nothing stopping you from doing same thing with 3 wilsons or in 3 cycles, and 3 cycles isn't that much

11 minutes ago, DegenerateFurry said:

like a sensible individual

you seem to be trying to create a conflict or unnecessarily express hatred for no apparent reason, that won't make us reach a conclusion sooner, unless the conclusion will be that it won't be worth continuing

12 minutes ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Also, "just Fuelweaver stuff"? Fuelweaver dying starts the shadow postgame. There's no just Fuelweaver stuff, that's literally Maxwell's best end-of-game gear

do you realise that i already know that? By this i meant that you literally don't need anything other than thurible, fully fueled codex, bone armor and bone helm, since toadstool's boom shrooms kill shadows and they drop nightmare fuel, making you end up with more nightmare fuel after the fight in comparison to before

5 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Rework tentacle pillars. Also add a shadow tentacle pillar which leads to the atrium.

5 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

But there's no shadow power in atrium until you plug the key. How about a normally blocked tentapillar hole but in nightmare phase a shadow tentapillar burst out and you have to kill that? Would be boring to wait but just an idea.

Make the dying Ancient Guardian continuously spray shadow tentacles to a neaby spot until a giant shadow tentacle spawns (similar to ag's tiny ones).

After ag finishes spraying the floor, it disappears and drops a chest.

• Like 1

Crossing my fingers they don’t add more content while leaving behind a trail of unfixed content/ features that could be executed better that me and many people and the community would chase after;  Basically QoL. 

Edited by Trontar
  • Like 2