Rocket stacking/superposition?

What are the (expected) restrictions/recommendations for having rockets stacked vertically?

I have 2 dupes working on the small resin tree planetoid (their petro rocket is parked in the upper left corner). The place it's occupying isn't quite big enough to hold the full-size H2/petro rocket, so I build a new platform a few rows below, equipped with a radbolt-generators in a vat to hold radbolt exhaust.

My artefact (radbolt-powered) rocket comes close loaded with loot, so I set it to land on the new platform, assuming it will only be able to do that after I launch the petro rocket and clear out the space above the new platform. Imagine my surprise when the artefact rocket just lands over the petro rocket.

So I continue paying, but before long it became apparent that this landing just broke the rockets. Despite the super-imposed modules showing correct "parent rocket", I can no longer clear the launch checklist on the petro rocket.

Edited by myxal

I personally have not seen something like this happen.  Could you upload an image?  Can you launch the other rocket?

I would argue that this is a bug and, if you can't resolve it, you should use debug to resolve it.  I believe ctrl-f4 should give you the ability to skip the checklist and launch.

Edited by Zarquan

17 hours ago, Zarquan said:

I personally have not seen something like this happen.  Could you upload an image?  Can you launch the other rocket?

I would argue that this is a bug and, if you can't resolve it, you should use debug to resolve it.  I believe ctrl-f4 should give you the ability to skip the checklist and launch.

Feel free to check out the save, attached in the bug report (pics included):

I don't have radbolts readily available, so I couldn't try launching the freshly-landed rocket without cheats.
Regarding Ctrl+F4, is there some prerequisite to using it? I've had it working at some point, and I know it can do all kinds of things I wish the plain sandbox mode did (instant-dig with resource drops, instant dupe-skill, instant vent/geyser/volcano analysis, teleport entities with Alt+Q, etc.), but just hitting it after:

1. launch ONI
  2. type KLEIPLAY
  3. load a save

doesn't seem to work. I'll look into the rocket launch it once I get it working again.

EDIT: Aaah, Ctrl+Cmd+F4 on macOS. So - the radbolt rocket is able to debug-launch, as it's only missing checklist item is fuel. The petro rocket is unable to launch even with debug tools, and remains "not on launchpad" until the rocket platform is rebuilt (even having the radbolt rocket leave and deconstructing its launchpad didn't help).

EDIT2: Oops, nevermind - I didn't have a destination set on the petro rocket. I can attempt to debug-launch petro rocket while superimposed, and this crashes the game:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

CraftModuleInterface.DoLaunch () (at <a77503e710824fe2b9f36e3d6759fea3>:0)
Clustercraft.Launch (System.Boolean automated) (at <a77503e710824fe2b9f36e3d6759fea3>:0)
Clustercraft.RequestLaunch (System.Boolean automated) (at <a77503e710824fe2b9f36e3d6759fea3>:0)
CraftModuleInterface.TriggerLaunch (System.Boolean automated) (at <a77503e710824fe2b9f36e3d6759fea3>:0)
LaunchButtonSideScreen.TriggerLaunch () (at <a77503e710824fe2b9f36e3d6759fea3>:0)
KButton.SignalClick (KKeyCode btn) (at <4aa1f720811f4b1b83776e549c223d46>:0)
KButton.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <4aa1f720811f4b1b83776e549c223d46>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <e9635660f69b4d9d84c085aeda3be353>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <e9635660f69b4d9d84c085aeda3be353>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Build: U50-587362-SD

Edited by myxal
  • Like 1