Bed rolls and still being out dated.

Straw and fur rolls have a set amount of uses before disappearing, this feels like an outdated mechanic due to how they used to work in Singleplayer, skipping the night entirely and regaining HP stats instantly instead of putting the player in a sleeping state where they regain them over time. This makes sense in Singleplayer but not DST as the amount of use you can get out of a single one of these items becomes inconvenient and even wasteful depending on night length. This would also just make more sense as the stats are gained and lost overtime, so why not the duribilty too?

So I am hopefully trying to convince the devs to make the durability be based on time used like clothing. this would make people want to use these items more hopefuly.

here are my stat listings if 1 use = 3mins of durability

• Straw roll (3 mins of durability) 
  • fur roll (9 mins of durability)
  • Tent, Siesta, & Walters tent roll (30 mins of durability)

I used the old durability (10 uses) for the last three, as 30 mins should be enough for multiplayer.

Edited by WhackE
changed numbers for Tent & Siesta and added Walters tent roll
  • Like 4

I don’t understand the topic, I feel like straw & fur rolls are so easy to craft that they don’t really need a large number of uses.. for the job that they do, they do it well enough.

Ive even used them exclusively to restore Sanity when I had no better method.

But I don’t think it’s going to “break” the game if they had durabilities and could be repaired with sewing kits either.

Personally though- I’d find that to be a massive waste of silk, I could’ve just spent building tents instead.

• Wavey 1