Brainstorm wx78 skill tree ideas

i invite you to brainstorm ideas for wx78's future skill tree (I assume all characters are getting a skill tree)

As of right now (hot take) I think wormwood is better than wx78. I think it should be the other way around. Wormwood is a bit of a challenge character with a mix of a unique play style. WX78 is a beast mega evil super robot.

The following bullet points are skill tree skills I think would be a good idea to add.

• Electric circuit now allows you to deal electric damage

I'm not sure if this one might be too much, I just think a "build your own character" deserves to have a circuit that increases your damage output. Maybe the circuit forumla could be half of electric damage. So he'd do the same damage as wigfrid. unless the target is wet. then he'd just do half of whatever that is (i'm not mathing)

• Extra circuit slots

As of right now, with the 6 pins and how the the circuits are set up, there's not many options in regards to circuit combinations. I think there should be a way to upgrade WX and allow him to stack on more pins, that would be very awesome.  You can't even do Thermal + speed + light/night vision which i think is a missed oportunity. This is part of why I say wormwood is better because, wormwood has speed (blooming) and light (lightbugs) and then he has 300 other perks that are extremely useful. You can also do all speed, but that's about it. The beanboosting circuit is ok but i don't find it neccesary, I don't find the stat-related circuits very good because the ones I just mentioned are just so much better. So if there was a way to increase is total capacity, the stat-related circuits can be used more often.

• New circuits!!!!!

There's an oportunity for klei to add new circuits for wx78 in his skill tree. I would love to see what klei does with this, and here are some of my ideas.

Instant/quicker picking circuit - i made a suggestion like this in the past I think it's a good idea and makes sense for a robot who should have high dexterity. 

I get that woodie and maxwell have abilities to pick faster, but I don't think it's wrong for characters to share perks. 

Warly, Willow and Walter can all cook things faster

on that topic, this circuit could help him craft/cook faster. Maybe it can be an overall dexterity circuit. And I think it should cost an orange gem (or a few of them) to craft.

Maybe we could get gem related circuits besides heating and cooling, that'd be neat.  And a lunar alligned moon circuit, since WX78 is obsessed with moon power and this can be a good way to show that. 

These are my ideas, feel free to disagree, but I want to know what you guys have in mind for wx78's rework

• Like 2

Check the feedback and suggestions section. There is a lot of wx feedback there.

1 hour ago, Seero said:

Extra circuit slots

1 hour ago, Seero said:

Electric circuit now allows you to deal electric damage

1 hour ago, Seero said:

New circuits!!!!!

All of this is needed.

• Like 2

Hardware Retrofit
Retrofit WX's arms with multiple instruments, allowing them to store 4 Tools inside of their body.
As WX interacts with objects, they will automatically pull out the tool respective to the object.
(For example, you can store "Pickaxe" within yourself, and if you attempt to interact with a Boulder, WX automatically starts using that pickaxe)

Reinforced Chassis
Apply hardened plating to WX's body, letting them receive extra armor that is independent from Hand/Body/Head slots.
I: Stone Plating - 80% DMG Reduction, 720 Durability
II: Marble Plating - 90% DMG Reduction, 1525 Durability, -10% Movement Speed
III: Thulecite Plating - 90% DMG Reduction, 2385 Durability

Conducting Antenna
Allows WX to attach an antenna on their head, which attracts lightning, and even causes it to spawn outside of Spring when it rains.

LOYAL MINIONS
WX can construct miniature versions of Clockwork creatures, which will fight by their side.

Reboot
I: WX can further upgrade Damaged Clockwork mobs (from ruins) with Gears to improve on their base stats.
II: ...and also apply circuits to them!

Edited by Riddla
  • Like 3

I think it would be cool if jimmy had a laser or maybe give him the ability to use one of wx’s circuits, the ability to lead a army  of his copy’s, and maybe give jimmy a different bodies wx can  build for him

you know something to separate him from his clones 

I also think wx should be able to build different kinds of robots 

If this franchise went in to 2010 or beyond I would of   suggested  a cognitive empathy module

a perfected  model of that hunk of garbage that wx once thrown out, all the understanding none of the clouding feelings 

able to view others emotions for point of cold logical understanding

perfect for your manipulation needs  

FIND THE WEAKNESS 

BEND IT

WARP IT

EXPLOIT IT

CONQUER THE WEAKNESS

anyway I don’t know how it would all fit in game but thing is it would replace some  un-understanding quote with intuitive one like that stage performance I think there more but can’t think of any 

im thinking for alinement do something similar to willows skill tree and make jimmy a planar character with the ability to attack things

and for wx give him the ability to eat shadow/lunar powered things to power a energy shield and strengthen your attacks to agents all thing but especially effective against the opposite side wether you want to make it a  Circuit or inherent that’s up to you (and  Obviously this would be separate from the planar bonus you already get)

Seeing as how previous skill trees have gone i can see them giving wx some kind of ability/item that gradually restores circut durability. Theyll probably make it so they regen on him/an expensive process so you cant just switch willy nilly

Edited by Brago-sama