Inventory management (willow)

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

??? Still, is just one slot. In not discussing how much healing wanda needs or how good or bad it is

You said that wanda has inventory problems, i said not, you said wanda needs more than 1 healing clock i said not. Period

Don't even bother reasoning, unless you don't mind wasting your time that much. 

4 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

And when she needs it to fight, Wanda will have a healing of 20 points (8 age converted to health) occupying 01 slot while characters with standard mechanics (Wilson, Wolfgang) will occupy the same 1 slot with 1,600 points (40 Pierogis).

And there will be a 2 minute wait before you can use the watch again.

20 x 1,600. Very cool!!

And I won't even mention how much health recovery you can store in the Polar Bearger Bin item (1 slot).

They don't compare so straight across.

1) 40x perogies takes a lot longer to prepare, where Wanda can have 2-3 clocks literally forever.  They don't break once made.

2) Don't often actually USE 40x perogies.  If I finish a fight and I only used 5, thats 5x40 = 200 health I actually used from that slot.

4) Normally I'm wearing dreadstone for 90% armor on other characters, but on Wanda I keep 95% night armor.  Cut whatever healing a different character needed in half.

5) Wanda actually stays much safer with her clock.  Both bosses and normal mobs have a tougher time hitting her.  Not that she can't get hit, but she definitely has an easier time of it.

What I usually run as Wanda: healing watch, base watch, AC, cane, magi, dreadstone hat, night armor, nmf = 7 items.  As posted before for Willow I usually run lighter, ember (1 stack,) cane, magi, weapon, armor, hat, nmf = 8 items.  My Willow is actually cramped 1 slot behind my Wanda.  I could ditch magi since I don't need it for light source, but dang that speed is addictive...

When I go to a boss fight I usually bring 2 healing clocks, but that is when I go to a big boss fight.  I definitely don't need to run around with that all the time.

7 hours ago, arubaro said:

??? Still, is just one slot. In not discussing how much healing wanda needs or how good or bad it is

You said that wanda has inventory problems, i said not, you said wanda needs more than 1 healing clock i said not. Period

And you don't know what you're saying. End of Chat.

15 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

And you don't know what you're saying. End of Chat.

Atleast i know how to play wanda and how easy os to manage an inventory when you have insta access to chest areas from any point of the world 

17 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Atleast i know how to play wanda and how easy os to manage an inventory when you have insta access to chest areas from any point of the world 

Good game to you.

I defeated all the giants without cheating with Wanda and I know how inventory sacrifices work, especially when going to the ruins.

Here's a simple video that isn't about fighting hounds.

4 hours ago, Yuuko said:

1) 40x perogies takes a lot longer to prepare

All good. Exchange it for Blue Cap (40 x 20) which you can pick up in a few minutes in the caves.

In fact, isn't that what they do to explore the ruins?

23 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

All good. Exchange it for Blue Cap (40 x 20) which you can pick up in a few minutes in the caves.

Tradeoffs for everything.  Natural blue caps only sprout at night and only regrow in rain.  They are more tedious to collect than it is to shove monster meat into a bird's mouth for eggs / perogies, and come with sanity down.  Can say Jellybeans too if you want lol, each one heals for a LOT if you don't take much damage but again gotta fight bee queen.  Options, wow...

Wanda gains a range advantage which helps in a lot of fights, and while she has continual health drain that range advantage keeps her pretty safe in most cases.  She can also wear 95% armor with very little sanity penalty - even if her sanity does drop its very easy for her to kill a few nm creatures to get it back even mid-boss fight.  Her healing being gated by watches / inventory space is part of what makes her unique, BUT genuinely, if you work at it you can go around with 1 watch for most things and 2 for big boss fights.  Some can probably even do just 1 even in big boss fights - especially end-game if they have bone armor.

I see ppl say Wanda got inventory probs, but she is the first character I ditched my backpack with and I'm not looking back.

48 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Good game to you.

I defeated all the giants without cheating with Wanda and I know how inventory sacrifices work, especially when going to the ruins.

Here's a simple video that isn't about fighting hounds.

Sorry, i wont watch a video of someone who needs 3 clocks for the easier to kite boss in the game while the conversation was about inventory management. Is like if i show you a video of me with 6 moon glass axes in my inventory and claim that inventory management as wilson is awful

1 hour ago, Cruvimaster said:

End of Chat.

But you keep talking non sense

1 hour ago, Yuuko said:

Tradeoffs for everything.  Natural blue caps only sprout at night and only regrow in rain.  They are more tedious to collect than it is to shove monster meat into a bird's mouth for eggs / perogies, and come with sanity down.  Can say Jellybeans too if you want lol, each one heals for a LOT if you don't take much damage but again gotta fight bee queen.  Options, wow...

Wanda gains a range advantage which helps in a lot of fights, and while she has continual health drain that range advantage keeps her pretty safe in most cases.  She can also wear 95% armor with very little sanity penalty - even if her sanity does drop its very easy for her to kill a few nm creatures to get it back even mid-boss fight.  Her healing being gated by watches / inventory space is part of what makes her unique, BUT genuinely, if you work at it you can go around with 1 watch for most things and 2 for big boss fights.  Some can probably even do just 1 even in big boss fights - especially end-game if they have bone armor.

I see ppl say Wanda got inventory probs, but she is the first character I ditched my backpack with and I'm not looking back.

Wanda is one of the best works done by Klei in balancing benefits with disadvantages.

She needs to sacrifice inventory. She needs to sacrifice life (age) to get the maximum benefit. She has a slow start to the game as it is essential for her to have built Shadow Manipulator. She has to go to the underworld to get Thulecite Fragments. She has to spend her first winter collecting as much of the Walrus Tusk item as possible. She doesn't do area damage and she doesn't have a creature to summon and protect.

And I don't even need to mention that the food healing mechanic is one of the most broken things about DST.

And what are the disadvantages of Willow?

11 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

And I don't even need to mention that the food healing mechanic is one of the most broken things about DST

when wasting time on getting healing ends up making the fight much easier in comparison to not wasting time on getting healing and you don't even need to heal if you're using beefalo and wanda has infinite healing

11 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

She doesn't do area damage and she doesn't have a creature to summon and protect

what do you need AoE for except BQ and spiders?

13 hours ago, Yuuko said:

Natural blue caps only sprout at night and only regrow in rain.  They are more tedious to collect

dig them up during early game and use jellybeans/beefalo after you run out of them

Wanda has x2 damage and extra range while she can wear 95% protection night armor... she doesnt need to heal as much as a character with situational perks like willow

She has a fun hp mechanic but people like to exagerate things to feel like they are accomplishing something when in reality fighting as wanda is easier than any other character as long as you have some experience 

Archived