Rocket port loader stops working prematurely.

I have a 3600 Kg gas tank and a 11000Kg gas tank on a pad, which I use as storage. When the smaller 3600Kg o2 dedicated rocket tank is full the port stops accepting ALL gas even though the large tank is not full. the O2 only tank is making the port refuse every gas type listed in the large catch all tank passing in front of the input port.

image.png

I can force it to work with an output port slowly leaking the O2 out so it can grab the other gasses... It's very annoying and slowing the pipe flow... not normal behaviour...
image.png.9d62a4f1f9c6b7bf8eb7ca4570bbe37d.png

If there is a packet of o2 inside the port loader, then it blocks the loader from accepting other gases to fill in your large tank. If you are not accepting O2 in the large tank, then using a port loader for the small tank (O2) and large tank (other gases) should fix your problem.

The valve trick you did works the same way, since there are no full O2 packets in the port loader, then a small amount of other gas can be loaded in, but this is really not optimal as you have found out yourself.

Alternatively, load all gases in both tanks (make them large if needed), and do the filtration when taking gases out with the port unloader.

To me it's a bug because a smaller tank being full should not prevent the larger one on the same pad getting filled. And the standard passthrough should work like any regular gas tanks connected in parallel

What if I have 5 different tanks because I want exactly 3600 of each gas? Will this "feature" stop all the other tanks getting filled because hydrogen won the "fill it up race"?

I thought I could save some space with these... looks to be more trouble than it's worth.

They work as intended. Your comparison to normal gas tanks is actually not wrong. Regular gas tank have a storage capacity of 150kg, when they are full, you cannot pump anything else through. The gas port loader has an internal storage too, but it is much smaller (1 packet of gas). So if it is "full" of oxygen because your oxygen tank is full on the pad, then its output is "blocked" and no other gas can pass through.

15 hours ago, icuurd12b42 said:

What if I have 5 different tanks because I want exactly 3600 of each gas? Will this "feature" stop all the other tanks getting filled because hydrogen won the "fill it up race"?

if you use gas port loaders dedicated to O2, and loaders for the other gases, then your O2 loaders will not be blocked by other gases...

3 hours ago, icuurd12b42 said:

Yeah, not accepting that I can't have 2 gas tanks on my rocket is intentional behavior.

thats not the issue here.

add Oxygen to that large tanks filters or use a dedicated loader specifically for oxygen and it works

Archived