Walter skill tree idea

I think these are things that IMO they will (or should) definitely add:

-  Upgradeable slingshot on top of any other buff from the perks, something like what they did with Wigfrid's spear. Perhaps even some tiers for it? For more damage, speed, and prob a special attack.

- Bag for storing all of the ammo. They already did this with Wigfrid and they are prob going to add something like this for other characters like Webber and Wendy. Walter needs a lot of inventory for his slingshot and Woby's inventory isn't useful in the middle of a fight.

- AOE attacks. I think Walter himself even foreshadows this when examining BS Bombs ("If only I could throw these with my slingshot") aoe freezing or slowing pellets would give Walter WAY more utility. A bouncing attack like BS Staff would prob be the best option for an aoe on Walter, so you don't have to calculate some range throw for it to be effective.

- "Big Woby" should definitely be able to tank some amount of damage, even if she can't attack by herself. The fact she throws (and stuns you) after 1 attack is ridiculous lmao.

- Small Woby having more utility. Like I said in my post, a "Polly Roger Woby" that picks up anything from what she has on the inventory would be really useful for **** like farming.

- Woby giving the "pioneer tree hat" buff by giving HER the hat to wear. That **** would be HUGE for Walter so you could wear head armor while keeping the buff.

- Some "Scout boy badges" mechanic could be used to improve Walter on lots of things. Like Wigfrid having 3 "quests" for her 3 crafts, but related to badges of for example farming, prints, camping, etc.

On 1/24/2024 at 11:15 PM, kroban said:

I made a post talking about lots of possible things for a Walter skill tree. And after giving it more thoughts and seeing the rest (Wigfrid's and Willow's trees) I think these are things that IMO they will (or should) definitely add:

-  An upgradeable slingshot on top of any other buff from the perks, something like what they did with Wigfrid's spear. For more damage, speed, and perhaps even a special attack.

- A bag for storing all of the ammo. They already did this with Wigfrid and they are prob going to add something like this for other characters like Webber and Wendy. Walter needs a lot of inventory for his slingshot and Woby herself isn't useful in the middle of a fight.

- AOE attacks. AOE freezing or slowing pellets would give Walter way more utility. A bouncing attack like BS Staff would prob be the best option for an aoe on Walter, so you don't have to calculate some aoe attack at range for it to be effective.

- "Big Woby" should definitely be able to tank some amount of damage, even if she can't attack by herself. The fact she throws (and stuns you) after 1 attack is ridiculous lmao.

- Small Woby having more utility. Like I said in my post, a "Polly Roger Woby" that picks up anything she has on the inventory would be really useful for taking advantage of her inventory slots while having some passive buff

- Woby giving the "pioneer tree hat" buff by giving her the hat to wear. That **** would be HUGE for Walter so you could wear head armor while keeping the buff.

Let woby carry a walter and a friend!

On 2/1/2024 at 2:14 PM, loopuleasa said:

Make woby a beefalo in practice

Walter is best played with a beefalo at the moment

Make Woby different from a beefalo.

To the point that there are times you will want to ride Woby and times you want to ride a Beefalo. (Maybe giving Woby a right click attack that barks and scares enemies?)

6 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Make Woby different from a beefalo.

To the point that there are times you will want to ride Woby and times you want to ride a Beefalo. (Maybe giving Woby a right click attack that barks and scares enemies?)

I would also add something like Walter gaining a big sanity boost and access to her inventory while riding Woby, way more speed, and being able to tank damage. Prob also longer duration of the big form, because that **** is only fast for like half a day lmao. Thats IMO what Woby needs.

She doesn't necessarily has to become a fighting mount if Walter gets an improved slingshot. Hell, if Klei does that **** right you probably won't even need a beefalo anymore as Walter, just Woby, even if she can't attack by herself

Archived