Worlds should REALLY have an admin option to switch worlds from public to private

I don't know how else to word this. I might periodically update this suggestion because it's too important not to be in the game. 

People who join in summer are a persistent scourge in the playerbase and you cannot possibly control what they do in the world. 

Things are liable to burn just because they decide to wander somewhere. I don't like to make the game easier by switching of wildfire and hounds, but at a certain point, it's almost mandatory if you want to host a public world.

Please add this in the game. 

On 1/9/2024 at 12:54 AM, Parusoid said:

IIRC you can already do that before launching the world

I have a 11000 day world that takes 7 minutes to boot up. I waste so much time having to do that.

I wouldn't be making an entire suggestion on this uninformed about this. 

Your alternatives aren't good enough.

6 hours ago, _zwb said:

Just remove wildlife and add something that's actually fun & interesting

There are more reasons than wildfire to have an active password system mid game such as when you're waiting for bearger. 

There's simply too much at stake when hosting guests when you've establish systems and builds in the world. Guests will never ever care as much as the host when it comes to caretaking. 

12 hours ago, chirsg said:

world that takes 7 minutes to boot up. I waste so much time having to do that.

so you rather wait unknown amount of time for klei to make changes rather than just 7 minutes?

1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

so you rather wait unknown amount of time for klei to make changes rather than just 7 minutes?

It's a suggestion, guy. Pause used to be a pipe dream once upon a time. 

Not sure why you're so militant against a feature that would improve the game and something that wouldn't affect you at all. Would you care to expand on why you're against this?

4 hours ago, chirsg said:

It's a suggestion, guy. Pause used to be a pipe dream once upon a time. 

Not sure why you're so militant against a feature that would improve the game and something that wouldn't affect you at all. Would you care to expand on why you're against this?

switching worlds from public to private and back already is a feature

57 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

switching worlds from public to private and back already is a feature

Not mid game. I'd consider this similar to pausing. 
What's the difference between shutting down a server for a bathroom break than to simply pause it with a press of a button, right?

You don't need to win this argument. No one will think any less of you if you concede. It's a good thing if it gets added in. You lose absolutely nothing. 

Archived