Just putting it out there...

I think Wanda's association with clockworks is entirely too selfish to make followers, and her quotes don't make me think she likes the clockworks much anyway.

I doubt she'd like Wag much either, probably seeing him as competition - so I kinda hope she has a shadow allegiance only.  I think her skill tree is going to be focused more on her own power levels.  Maybe she can craft her own equipment to replace the void set, and ramp up the bonuses from alignment gear letting her swap out the AC for the Scythe.  I do love the AC and it has a lot of fun niche uses but I think the Scythe is such a fun weapon and Wanda's glass cannon kit would naturally synergize with the dodging style of the Scythes ramping damage.  I just wouldn't want to run her around wearing the void gear looking like everyone else...

WX probably shouldn't focus on clock works.  I think he'd also be more interested in upgrading himself.  Followers work for Wormwood b/c he's always talking about how the plants are friends anyway, it fits that he'd want to play with them.  Maxwell might be a fit to craft the corrupted clockworks in some way though.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 2

I think that characters like Wanda & also probably Wickerbottom and WX78 don’t actually NEED Skill trees.

Now before you grab your pitchforks just hear me out for a second.

The skill trees we have currently, add content and depth to characters that were severally lacking in Content & Depth, until the skill tree Willow didn’t really have any defined “Identity” But NOW We know her lighter is Magical, Bernie can be set on fire, and she can harness the powers of fire by bending it with her Mind!

Woodie learned how to better use his Werepowers or how to lessen their burden on him, as well as 1 or 2 Wood carving crafts.

Meanwhile- You have Wanda, WX78 & Wickerbottom who already have what you could arguably call a very “Bloated” character kit, full of abilities that define who they are as a Character.

In my opinion Wanda is single handedly the most broken insanely OP Mod shop like character to ever exist in DST, and she.. of ALL Characters- Isn’t in dire need of a character defining skill tree system.

I’d go so far as to say Wortox, Winona, Wurt, & Wendy should be higher priorities for character defining skill systems- than the already quite bloated playstyles of WX78, Wickers Library Collection, & Timey Wimey (if hit old Timey) Wanda.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think that characters like Wanda & also probably Wickerbottom and WX78 don’t actually NEED Skill trees.

The skill trees we have currently, add content and depth to characters that were severally lacking in Content & Depth, until the skill tree Willow didn’t really have any defined “Identity” But NOW We know her lighter is Magical, Bernie can be set on fire, and she can harness the powers of fire by bending it with her Mind!

Woodie learned how to better use his Werepowers or how to lessen their burden on him, as well as 1 or 2 Wood carving crafts.

Meanwhile- You have Wanda, WX78 & Wickerbottom who already have what you could arguably call a very “Bloated” character kit, full of abilities that define who they are as a Character.

In my opinion Wanda is single handedly the most broken insanely OP Mod shop like character to ever exist in DST, and she.. of ALL Characters- Isn’t in dire need of a character defining skill tree system.

I’d go so far as to say Wortox, Winona, Wurt, & Wendy should be higher priorities for character defining skill systems- than the already quite bloated playstyles of WX78, Wickers Library Collection, & Timey Wimey (if hit old Timey) Wanda.

I agree here.

I think a some extent some of their existing skills should be converted into skill tree perks.

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah kinda... but not quite.  Planar hit Wanda hard and in a bad way.  She at LEAST needs a skill tree to restore her power.  Before she was a glass cannon, now she's brittle glass.  She is incredibly fragile b/c planar bypasses most of standard armor defense, and planar options don't give enough defense.  Her health balancing does not work in planar environment.  You basically have to do everything perfect or just fight in young mode.  Her damage against planar is so low even with AC that you would do better as Wilson.

I do hope Klei intends to both give and take with the skill trees going forward - like planar aside - I think taking away some of Wolf's damage mod and putting it in his skill tree is a good idea.  Even if every player takes it, it satisfies that he has a skill tree without power creeping even further, right?  If they add a skill tree to Max and Wicker as wholly additive to what they already have that would be really bad.

Edited by Yuuko

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The skill trees we have currently, add content and depth to characters that were severally lacking in Content & Depth

Wolfgang.

Also Wickerbottom should probably have something that differentiates her to Maxwell other than making the books and WX does need help with their stuff kinda not sucking.