What is this cave biome called outside the Lichen Meadow?

I'm breaking the wiki again and want to know how to fix it, so please don't use that as your source when you answer:

Screenshotfrom2023-12-1820-32-48.png.a9a5c4669f37c553cc6460ec3979a22b.png

I was calling it "The Wilds" but I think that's because I was confusing it with "The Waste": another short word that starts with "W".  Sadly, that's how my brain works.

Is this the "Muddy Biome?"    Or is it just the dry side of The Waste?  It connects to the Ruins through the Lichen Meadow on one side, to every non-ruins cave biome on all the other sides.  Nightmare Werepig lives here as well as groups of slurtle mounds.  About half the Light Flowers in the caves are here.  There are a couple of Bunnyman hermit homesteads.

I'm also not sure to what degree the Toadstool Arenas are associated with this biome.  Are they (or some of them) effectively a set piece within it?  There's usually one where an entire room is guano turf, so maybe that one is its own biome?

Also, little rooms of muddy turf seem to be interspersed with other neighboring biomes.  Are they still part of this one?

Edited by Uncrushed

1. Most of the biomes have no official names, this one included, they generally just have nicknames given by the community

2. There isn't even such thing as a "biome" as far as the game is concerned; the closest thing are tasks but even those raise a few eyebrows when people find out what they actually are

Edited by Guille6785

34 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

There isn't even such thing as a "biome" as far as the game is concerned; the closest thing are tasks but even those raise a few eyebrows when people find out what they actually are

Surely stuff like enlightenment areas, klaus spawn areas, NMWP spawn areas, etc are kind of like biomes (?)

In the files, this area is indeed "muddy biome", connecting Ruins and Main Caves Branches(three types of mushy forests and three types of stalagmite caves). The main characteristics of this type of biome are a large number of luminescent plants, ferns, stalagmites, and slurtles, and the surrounding little rooms are also part of it. Basically, it can be considered that muddy biomes=cave centers.

743787792_.png.4b27ae67b98baa7aeba0f8e3c0a4ae0d.png

478561975_.png.7335473d408c8f8973756d7ed2e720d3.png

The name of "Lichen Meadow" in the files is Lichen Land, which is a part of the Ruins and has little to do with the muddy biomes, only turf is the same.

As for the Toadstool Arenas, it doesn't belong to the center of the cave, but one of them uses the content of the bat cave biome, while the other two use the content of the muddy biome, so sometimes you may find that Toadstool Arena is located in a muddy biome, but very far from the center of the cave.

• Like 2