Is it just me?

23 minutes ago, Pamela Bianchi said:

I like sharkboi very very much! But before he does him last slash that knocks you down he stand still, so it feels off?

I think it because hes trying to surprise attack you hehe *-*. They thought of everything.

I'm talking about all of his animations compared to any other mob in the game, it's very stiff and 'forced'. I am no animation expert, however I noticed this 'weirdness' in Frostjaw's animations the first time I fought him. Compared to something like Daywalker which is also an oversized animal, his animations are much more 'bouncy' compared to Frostjaw's, I guess?

Edited by Antynomity
  • Like 1
  • Health 1

Just now, Antynomity said:

I'm talking about all of his animations compared to any other mob in the game, it's very stiff and 'forced'. I am no animation expert, however I noticed this 'weirdness' in Frostjaw's animations the first time I fought him. Compared to something like Daywalker which is also an oversized animal, his animations are much more 'bouncy', I guess?

Maybe he's meant to be those fighter guy that just challenges everyone to a fight.

Then he's very focus and stands still sometimes because of his fighting style.

That's why he so cuuute

• Health 1

50 minutes ago, Pamela Bianchi said:

Maybe he's meant to be those fighter guy that just challenges everyone to a fight.

Then he's very focus and stands still sometimes because of his fighting style.

That's why he so cuuute

That isn't what I'm talking about.

Edited by Antynomity

He is very stiff.

I'm uncertain if its intentional or not, but if you compare his walking animations for example, there's no bounce, no bob, no stretch and squash. His figure and silhouette remain almost entirely the same in most of his angles.

He could benefit from some more exaggeration body motions. He's got personality in his dialogue, but his body language falls behind severely. 

• Like 8

run.thumb.gif.a9ac58b5574bd389fe4ef953457e5c7b.gifruns.thumb.gif.bd4c870dbddcd400dd2cbfff44c294b3.gifidle.thumb.gif.52454bfdd2d043593d7d2280a8dcf867.gifidles.thumb.gif.c75f87f5fb7b2ca950495ea3ebe56022.gif

I wish to load more examples, but they're actively killing my computer to upload. I trust you get the idea. He needs a bit more flavor and ompf in his step. Especially if he is to be seen as a fighter-type character.

Mid-loading note: I've been here for like half an hour. Someone send help.

Edited by -Variant
SHARK HELP ME
  • Like 9
  • Big Ups 1

39 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Since 2019, some of new animations have the this stiffness problem, and at some point after that, almost all of them have it.

Most people who care about this have long since given up talking about it, I guess.

Might be true but it wasn't so obviously noticeable, at least not nearly as much as with this boss, this boss genuinely just looks plain animation wise.

10 minutes ago, -Variant said:

sharl

Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.