Houndius Shootius needs to be improved.

The item is extremely hard to obtain, especially in large quantities. It doesn't deal area damage (Winona's Catapult / Deadly Brightshade) or damage to more than one target (Brightshade Staff).

My suggestion is that the item should be valued for its difficulty and start dealing the same damage (65) to 4 targets (the same mechanic as the Brightshade Staff).

It's an endgame item, which dismisses any argument of it being OP. The Winona's Catapult doesn't even require as much effort and is extremely superior.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GhostyToasty said:

I agree with you, It should definitely be better

But I don't think Houndias Shootius is an endgame item. Both Deerclops and Guardian can be fought extremely early 

It is, farming houndius is a pain.

2 hours ago, GhostyToasty said:

I agree with you, It should definitely be better

But I don't think Houndias Shootius is an endgame item. Both Deerclops and Guardian can be fought extremely early 

And to get the next ones you must ALWAYS defeat the Acient Fuelweaver.

That's why it's endgame. One is useless.

Edited by Cruvimaster

38 minutes ago, lenship2 said:

but if you make it better winona's main redeeming quality will become obsolete ;-;

You need to defeat 4 bosses to get the item and do you want to defend Winona?  Wortox and Wanda have teleportation.  This proves that there is no exclusivity in the game.

There are several items that Klei needs to rework and this is one of them.  In fact, this is older than Winona.  It's the plants are better than Winona and have come for now.

• Sad Dupe 1

I had a ruins base with a Houndius Shootius surrounded by walls. I would frequently leads hordes of spleumonkey's to their demise. It could probably use a buff, but I like having items that don't seem very useful. It makes me want to experiment and maybe discover something no one else has thought of yet. 

For another example, I don't see anyone use the Cat o' Three Tails for anything (except breaking slurtle AI). One day, after failing to aid Wagstaff during moonstorms and getting super frustrated as a result, I brought the funny cat whip to see if it would drive the birds away. The whip crack did nothing but it was quick at killing them. I went from frustrated to delighted with how much easier the whip handled the moonstorm event over normal melee weapons.

• Like 1

It should also deal planar damage instead of normal damage so it doesn't lose so much damage when attacking rift enemies. Alternatively let us 'infuse' it with one of the post-rift materials and depending on which side the material is from it'd also gain an alignment. (Thulecite is both related to the moon and the shadows so by default it wouldn't be aligned at all)