Ideas to make Wigfrid´s beefalo related skill tree more atractive

Hello guys, nice to meet you, this is my first post in the whole forum, but I play the DS franchise since early, in the times of the (g)old science points in the single (felt old now), so what i gonna say is based in a lot of hours of gameplay in this amazing game.

First of all, i love beefs, and since the tame ability was added i was in love with it, like, "bro, now we can ride this giant creature, its pretty cool", but doesnt take so much time to realize than some characters synergize best with beefs than others do, and this is okay, is good to have different styles of gameplay, i like it.

Just one character 'bad synergy' make me fell bad, and it is exactaly Wigfrid.

I already was a 'main Wigfrid' times ago (mainly in RoG times), now i don´t am more, but i still playing her some times, and i still loving it, but since beefs tame was added i ever time think how is weird the fact than she, who play the role of a valkirie, have no advantage of tame a beef, since she loses all her abilities while ridind, and despite the speed, beefalo perform badder than her in everything in a battle.

So this beta come and make me so glad when it added a beefalo´s correlacted branch to Wig´s skill tree, this was the perfect oportunty to correct an (imo) of the biggest errors in beefalo mechanic, than is be almost uselles for wig.

Unfortunnely, i dont think it was made in the ideal way, i mean, i saw the community´s feedback about the beefalo´s branch and i agreed it, this just isnt fun, unique or atractive as others branchs of the Wig´s tree, which are game-change mechanics to her. The way it is now, simplely is almost useless, since, how i already said, beefalos are, at least until now, pointless to her, so tame they faster wasn´t atractive enough.

So, the real quest is: What could make beefs tame/ride (and, by consequence, beefalo´s branch) atractive to Wig players?

I saw the suggestion of let her use spear while riding (just like single player game, i think). Im not sure if I, as a wig player, would prefer use weapon on the beef instead simplily apply the wigfrid's passive habilities to they. I mean, its clear to all community than use ornery beef is waste of potential to her, and due the theme of (act like she was a) valkyre, this could be the perfect oportunity to add to the beefalo branch a final skill than allow us, at least, have her passive +25%dmg bonus and -25% received dmg to our beef, this would make they pretty more viable, and at least i (and i think than most wigs palyers too) would apreciate very more the beefs skills if it was like this. 

Another good (and simple) thing may be battle songs affect beefallos too, this way we can heal it during fight with heartrending  ballad, would be great.

My last suggestion and make wig´s ability of life/sanity steal aplly for beefalo´s hits while we r ridind they.

By end, before someone say this isnt balenced, a lot of characteres are very stronger than wig is whitout having her penallities (bad stats at hunger and sanity, plus just eat meat), Wolfgang, Maxwell, Woodie and even Wendy can output easily her dps, so, why cant wigfrid gains a buff to her beefalos tree?

This is it, what do u guys think about? I would aprecciate ur feedback about the idea. :)

from what i notice is that you can lifesteal while on a beefalo however its only at the minimum rate atm which is .33 a hit and wigfrid would only gain 1.32 health and sanity after 4 hits.  It would be good if the base damage of the beefalo was taken into account for the lifesteal  making them more useful as a sanity/health builder. vs what they are now.

Hey guys it’s me, the guy who tame’s beefalo in every server I play in regardless of which character I’m playing as.

What would REALLY help Wigfrid speed up the Domestication process of Beefalos is if Klei would give her faster access to a Beefalo Brush, these things are pretty difficult to obtain- (at least in the first 20 or so days) so if Wigfrid can forge one from Idk Bone Shards from hounds she’s killed or Whatever you wouldn’t have to wait till Winter to score the Brush.

In Addition, it would be GREAT if like Woodies Wooden Cane and Hats, if she could craft these faster to access brushes and give them to other players.

Wigfrid has always been the “Heres some Golds, Now make me stuff!” Multiplayer character- So I think a Brush would be fitting in Not only letting WIGFRID tame the Beefalo faster, But also in helping others tame their own as well.

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hey guys it’s me, the guy who tame’s beefalo in every server I play in regardless of which character I’m playing as.

What would REALLY help Wigfrid speed up the Domestication process of Beefalos is if Klei would give her faster access to a Beefalo Brush, these things are pretty difficult to obtain- (at least in the first 20 or so days) so if Wigfrid can forge one from Idk Bone Shards from hounds she’s killed or Whatever you wouldn’t have to wait till Winter to score the Brush.

In Addition, it would be GREAT if like Woodies Wooden Cane and Hats, if she could craft these faster to access brushes and give them to other players.

Wigfrid has always been the “Heres some Golds, Now make me stuff!” Multiplayer character- So I think a Brush would be fitting in Not only letting WIGFRID tame the Beefalo faster, But also in helping others tame their own as well.

I don't hate this idea. It's actually not bad.

This is actually pretty sensible. If she can make budget brushes, she can share it with the other beefalo tamers.

I don't think it's going to get in because of how late you've suggested it, but it's a shame it wasn't suggested day 1. 

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I dont think it is a bad idea, but tbh i dont think than  biggest wigfrid's problem with beefallo skill tree is the time to tame, but the benefits she gain/lose comparated to fight on foot (again, beefs still porforming better with wendy or maxwell, as a sample)

2 hours ago, chirsg said:

I have a solution.

Ridable vargs.

Sounds cool, but i really cant see they adding it lol

Lmao to meme on wigfrid mains, the exclusive wigfrid brush should be made of volt goat horns. 

It would be equal parts funny and tragic. 

You already get like 1 horn for doing away with 2 herds and you want the horns for the spear. 

2 minutes ago, rafaeu said:

Sounds cool, but i really cant see they adding it lol

So we must beg harder.

Thematically, Wigfrid should be having an Ornery Beefalo, so how about letting her ride a beef with lower tendency? Her helmet prevents her from falling too far away when being bucked off by new bosses, so if she can ride an ornery without feeding it, she can immediately get back to beef and continue fighting. 

Archived