Feedback on the new hotfix

I just wanted to list my opinion on the new changes, more-so the ones I disagree with and provide a bit of feedback on what should be done in my opinion.

I think the nerf to Willow's shadow affinity is extremely uncalled for, 14s for a perk that was very niche and generally inferior to the lunar affinity just makes it so that there's no reason to use it. If I'm locked out on these abilities I'd pick the one that's a better value and the lunar affinity wins in that department. I'd like it if the cooldown was drastically lowered so that she could have it as a costly option of dealing more burst damage.

The buff to the battle saddle is a good call, as it was originally just way too slow. However, I think that the core issue with the saddle is that there's just still not enough incentive for Wigfrid to fight on a beefalo. She's better at tanking and she can wear more speed boosts and she deals more damage, and the saddle is also winter-locked so you can't get it early to benefit from it. To fix this, I think that the battle saddle should act as an upgrade to the War saddle but only for Wigfrid, let her get an extra +10 from it. This cuts down on the slog of hunting an Ewecus, gives Wigfrid a way bigger reason to use a battle steed and still keeps a good amount of utility for other characters looking to benefit from the saddle.

The nerf to Warrior's reprise is so uncalled for, previously, it was a side-grade to other revives that we already had. The song had a lot of caveats for it to be better, people raged about how "broken" it was over the theoretical situation of you reviving 10 Wilsons that can't move because you unplugged their input device. 95 inspiration is an absolutely ridiculous cost on top of the 2 player limit, bring it back to 50. It's just not that much better than other revives we have in the game. It's rarely better than an amulet.

I like the changes to Wigfrid's shield and I think that it's a lot better now, it addressed the issue that blocking just didn't yield enough reward. However, I think the lack of changes to her helmet is quite odd. For me the new helmets felt like a way of still letting Wigfrid make her own armor that competed with the late-game armor pieces, yet it falls short on every aspect (repairability, planar defense, availability) compared to the Brightshade helmet and Void cowl. I think that Klei ought to give it a durability boost and boost its planar defense to 10 to really put it up there, otherwise it's just something you wear on a Beefalo and that's not much of an upgrade.

• Like 6
  • Health 1

4 minutes ago, Catuna_ said:

owever, I think the lack of changes to her helmet is quite odd. For me the new helmets felt like a way of still letting Wigfrid make her own armor that competed with the late-game armor pieces, yet it falls short on every aspect

For the state of the helmet, I made a survey that doesn't have nearly a large enough sample size for considerations to be measured, but for the most part, people would only use the helmet for day to day combat.

A few people on the survey think it would be fair if it could be "charged/upgraded" with an endgame material to earn it's merit as a Wigfrid sidegrade.

I am a bit surprised as well at the interest people have in the helmet providing insulation as it's crafted from winter materials. But it does make sense,

31 minutes ago, Catuna_ said:

The nerf to Warrior's reprise is so uncalled for, previously, it was a side-grade to other revives that we already had. The song had a lot of caveats for it to be better, people raged about how "broken" it was over the theoretical situation of you reviving 10 Wilsons that can't move because you unplugged their input device. 95 inspiration is an absolutely ridiculous cost on top of the 2 player limit, bring it back to 50. It's just not that much better than other revives we have in the game. It's rarely better than an amulet.

I feel like everyone said it was bad without trying it in a survival scenario.