Hanging Storage Bin

The new storage tiles are nice, albeit expensive with low capacity, but still an excellent use of a single tile.

What about a hanging 2 tile tall storage?  Just like a normal Storage Bin, however instead of requiring support from below, it hangs from a the tile directly above the the bin.  I imagine making it not difficult to obtain; requiring Smart Storage researched, 400 metal ore to build and having a maximum capacity of 5000 kg.  I think it would be another nice addition to the game and would love to see what the art department would do with a hanging storage.

Cheers.

I am in favor of storage solutions that offer a visual variety, making it easier to conceptually sort what I've stored, and your suggestion also gives more locations where I could put things.  Though I would personally prefer a horizontal layout for a hanging storage -- storage bins 1 wide by 2 high, hanging storage 2 wide by 1 high (or maybe also 1x1).

Having it store less than the regular bin is acceptable, since it offers different locations (e.g. above a power plant).  And it should show up in the tech tree long before that glass storage block.

It still frustrates me that the visual variety for storage solutions is based on random lottery.  I'm banking toward a blue gas reservoir but I wish the game let you have 2-3 varieties of baseline storage unit before any random acquisition becomes a factor.  "Hey, I won a new storage bin! ...that is an ugly green color, yayyy" is not a fun feeling when I'm having trouble keeping track of which boxes have my metals, which reservoirs have my chlorine, and trying not to screw up which pipes deal with clean water and which ones deal with polwat.

Having additional mechanical options would go some ways toward alleviating this issue, though of course being able to set specific colors from the get-go would be even more welcome.

Archived