Everyone wanted this, but it should not be exclusive to Willow

Why do you want this on every other character too? What's the point?

I rarely ever see myself losing things because of killing a boss on fire, because I can simply wait for the fire to stop.

But as willow, she NEEDS the target to die ON fire, hence the addition.

Your request seems vey redundant unless you give some other scenarios or explanations to back it up.

utilizing fire and mobs panic mechanics is a excellent way to-

1. kill any mobs that are able to be set on fire (examples being things like bishops in the ruins or knights, can greatly reduce dmg from bishops)
  2. Do what is effectively bleed damage to a target 
  3. get ash quickly if you choose to kill certain mobs this way

I can't say I see much of a downside to letting the drops in question be ablaze when the target is murdered, for most characters it isn't that great of an idea due to the fact that if a target is on fire, you yourself risk taking fire dmg just to add dps in some cases. 

That said, I should like to believe that one of willows perks will be changed to make it so her flames on enemies don't cause harm to players and player allies.

Character changes are also opportunities for changes to existing content in a meaningful way, like how we could trap spiders live after the webber rework (making it so you could help webber by catching him some friends like dwellers and spitters) or how following warly's release they made changes to the farming system.

I don't see why now that willow is being changed, changes to the way fire works in dst couldn't see revisions in some areas, even if they are on the smaller side. 

59 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Why do you want this on every other character too? What's the point?

I rarely ever see myself losing things because of killing a boss on fire, because I can simply wait for the fire to stop.

But as willow, she NEEDS the target to die ON fire, hence the addition.

Your request seems vey redundant unless you give some other scenarios or explanations to back it up.

It is just really annoying and pointless. It makes things like scale mail weak, unless you use hp mods you never know when the mob will die and lose the drops.

4 minutes ago, ZeRoboButler said:

utilizing fire and mobs panic mechanics is a excellent way to-

1. kill any mobs that are able to be set on fire (examples being things like bishops in the ruins or knights, can greatly reduce dmg from bishops)
  2. Do what is effectively bleed damage to a target 
  3. get ash quickly if you choose to kill certain mobs this way

I can't say I see much of a downside to letting the drops in question be ablaze when the target is murdered, for most characters it isn't that great of an idea due to the fact that if a target is on fire, you yourself risk taking fire dmg just to add dps in some cases. 

Cool. Though the downside of burning loot is annoying and does not achieve anything. (Also nobody is going to burn mobs for ash, and the damage is way too little for non Willow characters)

4 minutes ago, ZeRoboButler said:

so her flames on enemies don't cause harm to players and player allies

That goes against her idea as a character.

So you want to be able to set enemies on fire and completely remove the downside of them hurting you WHILE ALSO benefiting from the drops of the target, instead of just waiting for the fire to cool off? That to me sounds a win win condition, that doesn't incentivise the player to actually face the enemies.

And no, having 1 or 2 ways to extinguish the loot in your inventory will not justify this. It is just nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

just really annoying and pointless.

No, it's a core gameplay mechanic, just like raning.

It should be unique to willow, as she is the pyromaniac here, not walter, walter just doesn't like bees, why can he benefit for setting things on fire too? Jeez.

I disagree. Willow should have things that make her unique and since she is the fire character. It should only be catered towards her. She gets no risk from fighting things on fire and not losing the drops that's completely fine. It's not like the other survivors can't do that but there is more risk to it and that's fine too. Making that catered towards everyone removes a part of her reasons to play as her to fight with fire as now everyone can do it with little to no risk. 

Archived