How do you guys send a Signal/detect when storage/Frigde reaches empty?

It's a terrible shame Klei didn't put a tick box to switch between empty and full activation of the automation output, or had sliders like on the smart battery and reservoirs.
There are mods that do it though.

Only way to do it without mods it to have two. One set at higher priority with very low storage capacity. Think of it as the minimum threshold.
That way stuff will constantly be moved into that storage first, and out last, so that you can be reasonably sure that once that storage outputs red for more than a few seconds that it is not full, and the other storage is indeed empty.

3 hours ago, Saturnus said:

It's a terrible shame Klei didn't put a tick box to switch between empty and full activation of the automation output, or had sliders like on the smart battery and reservoirs.

Only way to do it without mods it to have two. One set at higher priority with very low storage capacity. Think of it as the minimum threshold.
That way stuff will constantly be moved into that storage first, and out last, so that you can be reasonably sure that once that storage outputs red for more than a few seconds that it is not full, and the other storage is indeed empty.

Completely agree. I think any storage that draws power (ie fridges and smart storage bin) should have sliders that allow you to set minimum thresholds to generate storage errands. 

9 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I'm not sure I follow, the whole idea, for me at least, is to min max the dupe travel time so they don't do trips with 20kg or 2 items. Or to have a fridge in the dinning room with few items that gets replenished every few days. . In this game the tasks/travel efficiency is pretty bad and extremely hard to manage when compared to other games so this matters quite a bit.

And yes, I agree, but I simply don;t understand why they didn;t put similar UI as for any other storage container (Battery, Gas/Liquid Storage) it just doesn't make sense because it already exists.... if I would to improve it I would add a toggle to switch between global max and local max for a container (instead of 20tons ALL, it would be X tons of each item where now Max is divided by items number)

1 hour ago, Charletrom said:

hmmm looks simple and useful, I guess I will have to start installing mods. Ideal would be this be also applied to automation port, but still better than nothing, tyvm

Archived