Wigfrid Thunder dash shouldn't displace statues.

A lot of work goes into making statue creations and a Wigfrid with a chip on her shoulder can come in and undo a whole lot of hard work in a matter of seconds. 

In:b4 someone comes in with a hammer.

Other forms of griefing is irrelevant. Regardless of what other ways you can ruin everyone else's fun exists, this is a current problem. 

I actually may consider banning other wigfrids from my future worlds that have a heavy emphasis on statue builds because of the risk they present. 

You have a solution... just ban wigfrids on your private servers.

You might as well be asking to remove the option to burn stuff with a torch because griefers.

Maybe Klei wants to minimise any buggy gameplay resulting from the dash hence why it nudges things.

Edit: Statues should block the dash if they dont get nudged

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

A lot of work goes into making statue creations and a Wigfrid with a chip on her shoulder can come in and undo a whole lot of hard work in a matter of seconds. 

In:b4 someone comes in with a hammer.

Other forms of griefing is irrelevant. Regardless of what other ways you can ruin everyone else's fun exists, this is a current problem. 

I actually may consider banning other wigfrids from my future worlds that have a heavy emphasis on statue builds because of the risk they present. 

This looks kinda fun. Just dont dash into the statue. It looks useful for creating quick path ways, or getting through the boulders in archives much faster.

I know you said other methods of griefing were irrelevant but I cant help feeling this an overreaction. A wigfrid with a chip on her shoulder would have to unlock skill points, join your world and run around hunting for rng goat horns to make the spear just to nudge your statues a foot to left. When already anyone on their first day can make a hammer and actually destroy them. They could just pick up the statues and move them by hand for the same effect and less effort.

15 minutes ago, SpookyXy said:

I know you said other methods of griefing were irrelevant but I cant help feeling this an overreaction. A wigfrid with a chip on her shoulder would have to unlock skill points, join your world and run around hunting for rng goat horns to make the spear just to nudge your statues a foot to left. When already anyone on their first day can make a hammer and actually destroy them. They could just pick up the statues and move them by hand for the same effect and less effort.

Problems lie in destruction on a whim. 

Any character can craft a torch and set alight most everything, willow can do it for free and the temptation is there. It's a psychological thing. 

I say take away the option and be done with it. Also, accidents happen. Wigfrids will want to have spears asap. It's a really fun weapon. 

It's also effective in emergencies. That effectiveness in emergencies deem it a problem within a wigfrid's immediate area, especially if there are statues or road linings, e.g. pebbles and gold nuggets. 

i was about to make a joke about people defending this bug before reading the comments but some forumiters always find the way to blow your mind

uMcOMpRoMiSInG 

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Tunneling vines shouldn't displace statues too.

any kind of item

11 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Any character can craft a torch and set alight most everything, willow can do it for free and the temptation is there. It's a psychological thing. 

I say take away the option and be done with it. Also, accidents happen. Wigfrids will want to have spears asap. It's a really fun weapon. 

It's also effective in emergencies. That effectiveness in emergencies deem it a problem within a wigfrid's immediate area, especially if there are statues or road linings, e.g. pebbles and gold nuggets. 

I was thinking 'Why not just tell your Wigfrids not to fight near your statue arrangements?' I hadnt considered that your entire world might have statue arrangements. Personally I'm not a base builder, I think its a little silly that every update there is a new issue messing up people's decorations that must be fixed. You already put so much effort into setting them up, does it really take that much more to maintain them against an uncommon interaction or accident. But it also doesnt affect me either way so I hope you get the compromise you want.

14 hours ago, lenship2 said:

as a winona player i find this absolutely terrifying

It is terrifying. A lot of work can get undone even by accident. But if you have a prick of a Wigfrid join a server, a lot of damage can get done in a very small amount of time

18 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

This looks kinda fun. Just dont dash into the statue. It looks useful for creating quick path ways, or getting through the boulders in archives much faster.

oooh, I never thought of that!! will absolutely keep this in mind next time I go down there :D very clever!

17 hours ago, chirsg said:

If you accidentlg right click, point it towards statues, then right click again, it wont take much time to move the statues back. 

26 minutes ago, chirsg said:

But if you have a prick of a Wigfrid join a server, a lot of damage can get done in a very small amount of time

Anyone can pick up statues to move them, or hammer them.

3 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

If you accidentlg right click, point it towards statues, then right click again, it wont take much time to move the statues back. 

Anyone can pick up statues to move them, or hammer them.

I don't really want this to be a debate of what's more destructive. 

I'll let you win that one. Yes, I'll acknowledge wholeheartedly that going in with a hammer or guiding a seasonal boss through statues does more damage than little ol' Wigfrid.

Dainty little princess Wigfrid

You can have that.

My sole point is, removing that option of destruction and disruption I think is a good adjustment, regardless of what is or isn't more destructive than her dash.

They'd have consider that it would also remove something potentially fun from the game, the potential for griefing is there, but the potential for fun interactions also is.

Only saying this because all heavy objects work the same so I assume they reuse code, so change to one will change all heavy objects.

2 hours ago, chirsg said:

Dash is actually able to move them, and the reason it doesn't happen in this video is that the suspicious marble has a smaller impact volume than the statues, that makes it need to be more precise aimed for it to happen.

The way your talk about to protect your statues wayfinding bug device is basically to remove or nerf it to the ground.

As a opponent of wayfinding bugs I'm ok with that. but I don't think that's what you want.

Be careful what you wish for. lol.

Archived