Willow Feedback and Suggestions

So I more or less like the Willow skill tree but there are a few gripes I have with it so I figured I'd bring those up here.

Bernie is the main one as most of his skills don't feel worthwhile and feel almost entirely there to hold back the better ones and chew through skill points.

Bearly Sane  Is a good one as raising the threshold for transformations is very helpful for keeping him around in fights so I have no complaints

Patch Up, Hot Head, and Accelerant mostly just feel like filler skills your forced to grab for the sake of his alignment and burning

Patch Up I feel like to make patch up more worthwhile Bernie should regen at all times including while he's not active but it could be halved when this is the case if people feel it's too much.

Accelerant This one could probably stay the same but I don't really see it being worth investing into

Hot Headed Should be completely erased as a skill as there's no good reason for it instead I'd recommend replacing it with a new skill that lets you shrink Bernie back to his small size temporarily and it could even have a additional effect to scare shadow creatures away for a few seconds when it's used as a small reference to the short

Tough Stuffing Is more or less fine

Burning Bernie Has two main issues first he requires far too many skill points for what the skill does it requires a full 9 insight to use and that's plain overkill and worse yet it kills build variety in the skill tree if your planning to use it since it makes the tree all or nothing. The second big issue with it is that the duration on the ability is far too short so when your fighting you constantly have to keep lighting him on fire. Raising the duration to 1-2 minutes per burn would do wonders for making the use of it far less annoying.

What I feel should change to open up more variety in Bernie's tree is instead of the locks tie some more of his skills together into mini branches for example:

• bearly sane 1 and 2 would stay together but my suggested hot head replacement would become the third option in the bearly sane tree
  • for tough stuffing, patch up would be the 3rd option
  • for accelerant, burning Bernie would be the 3rd option

This would potentially lead to some unwanted skills but it would allow more freedom in mixing and matching the Lighter and Bernie skills in builds

As for the lighter skills overall I feel like there's not too many issues but I do want to touch on a few things with them too.

Hungry Lighter This skill's absorption range is far too small and takes far too long to refuel the lighter if your not using cheese methods

Flame Cast and Combustion I feel has too little range so I feel they should be increased a bit

Burning Frenzy Suffers from the same issue as burning Bernie as you'll find yourself recasting far too often

6 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

So I was going to make another post but figured I'd just include this here.

Patch Up Alternative so instead of him passively healing what if embers could be useful to restore him and it gave a spell you could cast with embers to heal him while he's big as well?

thats good, very good. it is what I want also.

Archived