Willow, too powerful

1 minute ago, Theukon-dos said:

Pan flutes are expensive as hell. Once you use all the mandrakes in your world, you either need to use green gems to preserve them, or get lucky with a Klaus sack.

I love my mandrake friends so the only pan flute I use is the one the world spawns with.  I think you can only get more during winter feast...  I don't think klaus sack gives mandrake or pan flute.  I love my mandrake friends and always make a safe place for them to live with me, and sometimes I just pluck them at night and have dance parties XD

Ahem, I mean - resource intensive or not, it is powerful and once you're in "late game" its more a question of what is possible, not what it takes to do something.  Green gems are not very expensive when you have 1) farmed dfly on cd, 2) cleared ruins multiple times, 3) set up gem farm and can swap to Wilson to upgrade.  They aren't like hounds teeth or BS mats but I don't feel like I'm ever really at a loss for green gems, especially for something as powerful as (my only) pan flute.

But then...  I don't pan flute bee queen to death.  I only use it in the last phase or I make an oven and just watch her burn <3 

1 hour ago, Nnumber3 said:

I think you guys forgot that you need to play 160 days with willow and beat both final bosses for her to reach full potential.

after that you can start worlds with full insight so i wouldn't take that into account except for end game bosses perk and just because you need some knowledge to unlock them

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

I mean, that's still pretty easy I'd say. Shadow flame is probably fine then. But 170 embers for one of the hardest bosses in the game? That's like, 20 minutes of ember farming I'd wager. Maybe 30.

do you really consider that cheap?? with regular damage characters you can over prepare for BQ in less time...not even needing to spam pan flutes

6 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

we didn't go from a "meta" to anything because there was never such a thing in the first place, this is a sandbox with no explicit objectives besides survival

Didn't mean that in a literal sense, I only said what the most powerful things were that characters could do back then compared to now.

9 hours ago, Bearger Enjoyer said:

I feel like people sleep on bat bats way too hard.

It's not as convenient as punching butterflies my guy.

10 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Tbf you would have gotten crap for it like I did though 

I'm used to it

Archived