Feedback on Wigfrid's skill tree

I'm quite enjoying this update so far, except for the fact that Sharkboi keeps crashing my game... I have yet to experience much of what he does for that reason. However I think that both skill trees are not devoid of problems and so I wanted to make two separate posts for the sake of staying a bit organized to express my opinion, concerns/balance changes with these characters. This will be in no particular order.

• Wigfrid's "Fighting Words" perk is still very underpowered: This perk puts a 30 second cooldown on battle stingers, which is very high for songs that just aren't useful at all... The 6 minute cooldown on Encore is also way too long, as opposed of having to swing for a couple seconds just to regain your 50 inspiration to cast it.
  • Wigfrid's shield is very underpowered (or at least the parry is): I feel like this is a fundamental issue with the shield itself, when I block I'm losing out on time I could be swinging, and with Wigfrid's passive healing and passive damage reduction and cheap armor there's just no reason to parry. As far as I can tell the extra damage shield perk is bugged and just doesn't work, but even if it did 10 damage is too low to actually justify using the parry. Otherwise this shield is fine for a weapon with 85% damage reduction and 51 damage a swing. I think if other players could use it, it'd be a lot better. I don't see a reason to exclude all other characters. (pls buff shield of terror to 85% too)
  • Wigfrid's new affinities are absolutely terrible: I don't know why it was diluted that bad, but the buff is too low for me to want to occupy a song slot. Wigfrid has always had an issue with her songs in that she just has this illusion of choice with her songs when 99% of the time it's going to be Heartrending ballad + Clear minded cadenza + Weaponized warble (MAYBE Bel canto of courage against Fuelweaver or Werepig). The issue with this song is that the extra damage is just way too low. This 5% boost (yes 5% boost) is just not enough to justify picking this perk.image.png.a69ae2c39626e8366821c8d779fa2cd6.png

image.png.de765521b49afa4df013fec3ebff64fb.png

image.png.191b876dadc13499c3626a878870d12f.png 

These are all my thoughts, I will definitely enjoying playing Wigfrid on her battle steed with the Battle Saddle (insane item btw) and I'm very thankful for her skill tree. It feels like a good medium between giving her new tools and making her scale better with the new post-final bosses content and still keeping her honestly relatively close to how good she was before. Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, Catuna_ said:

Wigfrid's "Fighting Words" perk is still very underpowered: This perk puts a 30 second cooldown on battle stingers, which is very high for songs that just aren't useful at all... The 6 minute cooldown on Encore is also way too long, as opposed of having to swing for a couple seconds just to regain your 50 inspiration to cast it.

They are practical outside of battle.

Wigfrid's new affinities are absolutely terrible: I don't know why it was diluted that bad, but the buff is too low for me to want to occupy a song slot. Wigfrid has always had an issue with her songs in that she just has this illusion of choice with her songs when 99% of the time it's going to be Heartrending ballad + Clear minded cadenza + Weaponized warble (MAYBE Bel canto of courage against Fuelweaver or Werepig). The issue with this song is that the extra damage is just way too low. This 5% boost (yes 5% boost) is just not enough to justify picking this perk.

I agree with this, when i used it i thought it was bugged and not working.

(pls buff shield of terror to 85% too)

This would be a nerf since it would break faster.

35 minutes ago, Catuna_ said:

These are all my thoughts, I will definitely enjoying playing Wigfrid on her battle steed with the Battle Saddle (insane item btw) and I'm very thankful for her skill tree. It feels like a good medium between giving her new tools and making her scale better with the new post-final bosses content and still keeping her honestly relatively close to how good she was before. Keep up the good work!

Hello, could you tell me why you consider Battle Saddle to be an insane item? 

There is probably something I'm missing, but I find the Battle Saddle to be an average item or even a little bit less than average when considering it is a craft for wigfrid.
When playing Wigfrid I value tamed Beefalo more as a mean of transport than as a way of tanking and dealing damage since wigfrid herself deals more damage, has lifesteal and can craft cheap armor so taming a Rider Beefalo with a faster saddle - which is usually Default Saddle since glossamer is too much trouble to craft - seems more valuable to me.

Even in the case of using it to fight, wouldn't the War Saddle be more valuable? it gives you 11 more damage than Battle saddle and is a little bit faster, it is not as tanky but if I think I will take many hits I'd probably just fight as wigfrid in the first place. 

I really like the idea of Wigfrid having beefalo riding skills, but the Battle Saddle doesn't feel worth it to me, It feels like it is missing a special effect when it is being used by wigfrid like her other new crafts have when being used by her.

1 - is it possible to not get the cooldown perk?

2 - " when I block I'm losing out on time" >> Do people swing when kiting XD? The shield's purpose is to basically protect from damage

3 - I do agree that the affinites are bad. It's just the same as Wilson and Wolfgang, another shadow/ lunar damage boost

The beefalo perks seem out of place.

The spear looks super good as her planar weapon, that is until you hit literally anything that has planar defense and you find out the spear deals less damage than a brightshade sword WITHOUT the helmet boost, making it only useful against normal enemies which is not exactly needed.

The shield seems absolutely worthless, sure you can block an attack that's cool, did you know you can do the same thing with the spear? Just dash when you are gonna get hit and you dodge the attack.

You cannot use either of these things with a cane because they have switch cooldown for some reason.

The songs seem to be extremely underwhelming.

I don't get why there's no good way to repair a low durability spear, you have to hit random birds for ages because you cannot hook it up to a generator or like use it against dummies at the very least.

The helmet is worthless, if anything maybe it can help on a beefalo.

If klei is worried about these things being way too good because they're pre-rift then they should use post-rift materials to be upgraded instead of restrained statics, I dunno maybe like spark arks, pure brilliance mixed with moongleams or something like that, as it stands right now the spear is made super late into the game and then ends up being useless (not to mention it's also extra work because you'd need 1 more static on top of the ones you need for celestial champion) when the rifts open up, which is 1 boss away.

5 hours ago, Catuna_ said:

The 6 minute cooldown on Encore is also way too long, as opposed of having to swing for a couple seconds just to regain your 50 inspiration to cast it.

Hold the phone isn't encore the mass revival ability? If so I think it should always have a 6 minute cooldown regardless of if you take the skill or not.

4 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

This would be a nerf since it would break faster.

You can always compensate by buffing its durability to be effectively the same

3 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

Hello, could you tell me why you consider Battle Saddle to be an insane item?

I mightttt've overhyped it, it's still got a niche as a saddle that gives your beefalo damage reduction so if you like swapping between saddles it could be useful. But I think it could maybe use knockback immunity (so that the rider doesn't get knocked off of the beefalo and have the beefalo die vs something like werepig) and giving the beefalo regen on hit that's stronger with wigfrid or something like that.

3 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

1 - is it possible to not get the cooldown perk?

2 - " when I block I'm losing out on time" >> Do people swing when kiting XD? The shield's purpose is to basically protect from damage

3 - I do agree that the affinites are bad. It's just the same as Wilson and Wolfgang, another shadow/ lunar damage boost

You can ignore the cooldown perk, yes, but it should be buffed because 30s is an insane amount of time for the limited utility it gives. 
Compared to tanking with her cheap armor, the shield is pretty lackluster, that's my point with the parry mechanic.
The affinities are bad not just in the sense that it's boring but it's genuinely a 5% boost, that's way too low.

5 hours ago, Catuna_ said:
  • Wigfrid's "Fighting Words" perk is still very underpowered: This perk puts a 30 second cooldown on battle stingers, which is very high for songs that just aren't useful at all... The 6 minute cooldown on Encore is also way too long, as opposed of having to swing for a couple seconds just to regain your 50 inspiration to cast it.

idk if that's already how it is, but make it so they cost inspiration when used before cooldown ends 

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Hold the phone isn't encore the mass revival ability? If so I think it should always have a 6 minute cooldown regardless of if you take the skill or not.

This thing right now is probably broken op with the were moose. Healing song, and the two sainity ones, and now invincanility.

5 hours ago, arubaro said:

is people seriously complaining about a cheap electrical spear that can regen durability not being easily infinity???

i mean, after a couple seasons in, i basically have infinite dark swords on all of my solo worlds. kiting nightmare creatures is pretty easy to do and you only spend 1 living log per 100 dark sword swings.. what good weapons in the game aren't easily refuelable/recraftable or easily replaceable by another weapon (glass cutters are nice vs shadow if you want to save every little bit of sanity) 

6 hours ago, arubaro said:

is people seriously complaining about a cheap electrical spear that can regen durability not being easily infinity???

Restrained static.

Also brightshade swords are right around the corner when it comes to the time you're able to make this upgraded spear.

Archived