Brightshade staff appreciation post

Inspired by Maxil's bearger bin praise, I just want to say what a game changer this item is for console players, and how grateful I am for it. 

If the only thing it did was make the AFW fight from borderline impossible to actually reasonable it would be enough to be amazing, it's insane how good it is for that fight. Trying it for the first time was a shock, and later on I discovered you can actually use it to kill the unseen hands too. I honestly think it takes the fight on console from a 12/10 difficulty to a 7/10. 

And ofc this isn't the only thing it does well and is specifically more impactful on console, the increased range itself is such a nice qol and is so refreshing compared to the usual pain of attacking something at range; it should be a standard feature for Walter. 

So thank you for adding such a wonderful item.

I see what you did there : P

I will admit I haven’t used the staff much, but I do appreciate the implication for woven shadows for console. I remember targeting between weaver and the minions was especially difficult on a controller, so it does make me happy there is a ranged item that makes them much more tolerable.

Another really nice use for it is for the Wagstaff event. It obliterates the mutated birds with ease (they have 10 health and the staff deals exactly 10 damage), and can easily sweep groups of them in 1-2 casts. Couple it with the brightshade helm (which doubles as gestalt immunity + goggle vision + amps up the bounce properties) and you will have no trouble keeping the hordes the event likes to summon at bay, making it great for farming multiple champions after you’ve dealt with the rifts.

I think another thing, which was likely unintentional (given how 2 character interactions had to be changed because of it) but still kept in, is how the bouncing properties interact with items like the enlightened crown. Each “hit” summons a gestalt, which can rapidly increase DPS if you keep your sanity up, and I just think that’s neat! I like when items in this game interact with others in ways that make pairing them together really fun.

Archived