Lunarphobic lotion to protect your critters

I have another idea on how to save our animals from hail. 

Dark stuff and lunar stuff are somewhat opposites, can we say they repellent each other? So, add a new craft from pure horror and something else (idk, snail mucus) which gives you a lotion that, when applied to critters, shall grant them permanent immunity to hail damage. We don't have that much animals to protect and hail hitting everything makes sense afterall. 

Heck, maybe even players could apply it to become immune to hail for some time.

adding a chore because klei added a uninteresting mechanic doesnt seems like a good fix

would you join my world to apply that lotion to all my gekkos and crustaceans that runs away from you because some uncompromising newbies wants critters dying so they can gather loot without killing them by their hands?

hail shouldnt damage mobs, at most it should hit them for 0 damage to make them panic but killing them offers 0 survival challenge. The only users you see supporting that mechanic are players that wont experience the mechanic in the legit way so is self explanatory

17 minutes ago, arubaro said:

adding a chore because klei added a uninteresting mechanic doesnt seems like a good fix

would you join my world to apply that lotion to all my gekkos and crustaceans that runs away from you because some uncompromising newbies wants critters dying so they can gather loot without killing them by their hands?

hail shouldnt damage mobs, at most it should hit them for 0 damage to make them panic but killing them offers 0 survival challenge. The only users you see supporting that mechanic are players that wont experience the mechanic in the legit way so is self explanatory

It's not that much of a chore, because I suppose it as a one-time thing, per critters, and you don't have millions of them. 

And hello, I'm from a camp that heavily advocated against hail damaging mobs. I just proppose another workaround that seems compromise enough,

17 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Why wouldn't you apply this lotion to yourself for immunity against lunar stuff? This doesn't make sense

Literally last sentence in OP is about it.

Has everyone missed their coffee today?

4 minutes ago, Green Crystal said:

Literally last sentence in OP is about it.

I did miss that sentence, but this still doesn't make sense. It's a luanr entity repellent, not falling debris repellent, shouldn't it protect you from lunar aligned attacks?

3 minutes ago, _zwb said:

I did miss that sentence, but this still doesn't make sense. It's a luanr entity repellent, not falling debris repellent, shouldn't it protect you from lunar aligned attacks?

I guess I misread that. Well, it's probably not potent enough to negate planar damage, but efficient enough against lunar hail. Because lunar hail is mostly moonshards and planar damage is done by otherworldly entities

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

Define “legit way” please- listen a lonnnnnggg damn time ago when Klei first started adding new content to dst I brought up the suggestion that the game shouldn’t just progressively scale in difficulty overtime because there are noobs who struggle with learning the content that’s already there. That post got several “likes” & “thanks” reacts from the Klei Dev Team, so if Anything- I actually influenced this content being locked behind a lot of late game grind so the game didn’t just get harder overtime based on days survived.

Ahem… HOWEVER Klei also realized not everyone is going to care to or have the time to dedicate to 25+ hours of story quest just to experience new world gameplay content, which is why they were polite enough to add world Gen toggle options to activate it instantly.

And if you think about it, aside from to prevent players from rushing New Game+ features onto poor unsuspecting noobs in day one of a world, why else would Klei lock new core gameplay content behind super super late game, super obscure objectives?

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

“legit way”

In this context it's not toggling world settings to skip the celestial champion questline. It's more like a proof of skill I think.

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That post

Mind linking it or tell us when it was posted?

Also I think you haven't answered the original comment directly about the lotion bit, anyways here's my question: Why add a mechanic that is not challenging survival at all but simply makes life difficult for those who build decorations and mob farms?

2 hours ago, Green Crystal said:

I have another idea on how to save our animals from hail. 

Dark stuff and lunar stuff are somewhat opposites, can we say they repellent each other? So, add a new craft from pure horror and something else (idk, snail mucus) which gives you a lotion that, when applied to critters, shall grant them permanent immunity to hail damage. We don't have that much animals to protect and hail hitting everything makes sense afterall. 

Heck, maybe even players could apply it to become immune to hail for some time.

This is just a silverbullet for one specific very niche thing for one specific mechanic, you would only apply this to glommer and the fruit fly realistically.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I actually influenced this content being locked behind a lot of late game grind so the game didn’t just get harder overtime based on days survived

Yeah no, you think way too highly of yourself. You don't understand core mechanics of this game or its limitations or games limitations in general. I've seen you make multiple claims in the last few days that various additions to the game were basically because of your suggestions and input. I HIGHLY doubt that's the case. 

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

In this context it's not toggling world settings to skip the celestial champion questline. It's more like a proof of skill I think.

Amen. Honestly you should have to earn the rifts and late game and shouldn't just be able to skip everything and turn them on.

As far as I'm concerned the toggle exists just as much so players who have unlocked them can turn them off and on once sick of them. Also so that more players could actually mess with them during beta and give feedback. 

3 hours ago, arubaro said:

Wish I could give this post a thousand big ups. Preach it brother.

3 hours ago, Green Crystal said:

It's not that much of a chore, because I suppose it as a one-time thing, per critters, and you don't have millions of them. 

And hello, I'm from a camp that heavily advocated against hail damaging mobs. I just proppose another workaround that seems compromise enough,

Look I get you're just trying to come up with a creative solution and you don't support hail damaging mobs but this just isn't feasible or a good solution unfortunately.

I'd have to make a frankly stupid amount of potions for my huge group of geckos, like 50ish koalafants, my grass gators, fruit fly, glommer and much more. 

Also they all run from players so you'd have to freeze literally every single one with ice staffs first. Is just isn't feasible really and would take a frankly crazy amount of time and effort. 

The solution is honestly simple, hail needs to not damage mobs or at the least there should be a toggle to stop it from doing so and only effecting players. Or it could simply panic but not damage mobs or even have a completely different effect and impact on worlds. 

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Mind linking it or tell us when it was posted?

Also I think you haven't answered the original comment directly about the lotion bit, anyways here's my question: Why add a mechanic that is not challenging survival at all but simply makes life difficult for those who build decorations and mob farms?

I wouldn’t even begin to know how to find old posts, but I do have a question to ask.

If a player isn’t skilled enough or has the time to dedicate to complete pearls entire quest line, and to also fight 4+ Multiplayer focused bosses.. but they ARE Skilled enough to handle the new weather hazards and anything that spawn out of these so called “Late-Game” Rifts..

Should they not be allowed to enjoy the content?

Honestly I feel like Lunar Rifts & Shadow Rifts should fit somewhere firmly in “Mid-Game” Content.. because by the time you unlock it the “Legit Way” the challenges and dangers the rifts bring about to your world pose no real challenge to you- I mean you conquered 4 Ancient Gods to reach that point… what else can Klei possibly throw at you?

A Firestaff Vunerable version of Deerclops that’s even easier to kill than his Original variation?

what about FeastClops then? Super Early game, WinterFeast boosted version of Deerclops that hits you (& mobs in the world) with an Iron Hulk Eyebeam Lazer.

My point is that your super super end game super late game content: isn’t as late game as you tend to think it is….

Maybe Future content updates will change that, but as of right now Lunar Rifts pt 1 & Lunar Rifts pt 2 don’t give me that impression.

Lunar Bearger? Yeah he exists but he exists after Klei fixes several long standing bugs with Beargers AI (such as yawning when it shouldn’t be yawning..) and reducing its attack AoE.

Honestly all the challenges your all claiming aren’t challenges with this new rift content only feel that way to you because of how late into the game it actually Unlocks, you have high tier weapons, armor and anything else you need at that point of the game….

But turn on Lunar & Shadow Rifts on Day One of your world- And you could be dealing with Acid Rain in Caves before you even have any sort of gear to help you combat against it.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Define “legit way” please-

Earning them by doing the actual game progression and steps required to activate them rather than turning a super late game situation and mechanic (as well as the gear and drops they provide) on by pressing a few buttons in the world settings menu.

So many times in the past you've argued against cheese or exploits, this is basically the biggest cheese/exploit there is: skipping the entire games questline and progression completely to get some of the strongest most useful gear in the game with ease. 

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Should they not be allowed to enjoy the content?

If they aren't going to be humble about it and will act like they've earned it the hard way when they haven't and are going to have super strong opinions on the late game content then honestly? No. 

I'd prefer rifts only be toggleable on and off in a world once you've earned and unlocked them the proper way first. 

Don't you want more unforgiving and brutal mechanics? You keep saying so but you also want to skip earning anything properly. 

8 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Earning them by doing the actual game progression and steps required to activate them rather than turning a super late game situation and mechanic (as well as the gear and drops they provide) on by pressing a few buttons in the world settings menu.

So many times in the past you've argued against cheese or exploits, this is basically the biggest cheese/exploit there is: skipping the entire games questline and progression completely to get some of the strongest most useful gear in the game with ease. 

If they aren't going to be humble about it and will act like they've earned it the hard way when they haven't and are going to have super strong opinions on the late game content then honestly? No. 

I'd prefer rifts only be toggleable on and off in a world once you've earned and unlocked them the proper way first. 

Don't you want more unforgiving and brutal mechanics? You keep saying so but you also want to skip earning anything properly. 

For once… be honest with me, is ANYTHING that comes out of a Lunar Rift or a Shadow Rift anywhere near as hard or challenging as fighting Crab King, Celestial Champion, Ancient Guardian & Ancient FuelWeaver?

I think I prove my point then..

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

what about FeastClops then? Super Early game, WinterFeast boosted version of Deerclops that hits you (& mobs in the world) with an Iron Hulk Eyebeam Lazer.

Feastclops gives a guaranteed red festive light which is an amazing drop. Also he really isn't that difficult, the lasers aren't that strong and can be dodged. What does it matter that the laser hurts mobs? So does his normal ice attack. You just fight him in an ideal spot to avoid him doing unwanted damage. Deerclops and Feastclops are barely a threat to the Player or your world if you know what your doing which isn't hard to learn or do at all.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly all the challenges your all claiming aren’t challenges with this new rift content only feel that way to you because of how late into the game it actually Unlocks, you have high tier weapons, armor and anything else you need at that point of the game….

Mike, read the original post, this is a thread about lunar hail. When I said "mechanic that is not challenging survival" I'm specifically referring to lunar hail. Luanr hail is essentially earthquake but on the surface, which has never been a challenge since day 1, and will never be one.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

is ANYTHING that comes out of a Lunar Rift or a Shadow Rift anywhere near as hard or challenging as fighting Crab King, Celestial Champion, Ancient Guardian & Ancient FuelWeaver?

The ink blights give me the same feelings as Crab King, I fail once I die, they're rather deadly for Wanda.

The mutated varg is quite hard to fight with all those hounds.

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But turn on Lunar & Shadow Rifts on Day One of your world- And you could be dealing with Acid Rain in Caves before you even have any sort of gear to help you combat against it

Yeah so don't skip content and turn on late game mechanics without earning them if you don't want unavoidable threats you can't do anything about. What is even your point here?? BTW you can use eyebrella and other rain gear for acid rain you just need a ton of sewing kits so there actually is an answer and gear that combats it it just isn't efficient.

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

For once… be honest with me, is ANYTHING that comes out of a Lunar Rift or a Shadow Rift anywhere near as hard or challenging as fighting Crab King, Celestial Champion, Ancient Guardian & Ancient FuelWeaver?

You haven't proved **** and I'm always honest with you lol, to a fault sometimes and probably too harshly but I'm just fed up with your super strong opinions on every single thread on this entire forum for DST when you're to put it bluntly simply not as experienced, clued in or skilled as the vast majority of users on here. I don't ever comment on stuff like speedruns etc cause I'm not good at that and take things slow. You think your opinions hold more weight and importance than anyone else on here for some bizzare misguided reason.

Those are some of the most challenging bosses in the game (minus reworked guardian who is a walk in the park but you don't seem to realise that) so why would or should rift mobs be harder? Youre comparing mobs to bosses that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The new Lunar versions of bosses are harder than the originals (yeah Lunar Deerclops might not be but do the fight without fire and it'll be a nightmare by the sounds of things) and Lunar dfly and bq will probably be serious challenges.

Also the rift mobs actually are a little challenging sometimes for me, I die to brightshades on occasion and the Ink Trio can be pretty formidable, the big tentacle boy hits like an absolute truck with both his slap attack and his swallow attack. Hell even those little parasite dudes in the actual shadow rifts are super nasty and will mess you up in numbers or if you don't have good gear/kiting skills. I haven't mastered kiting the Ink Trio all at once at all yet and I rely on brightshade staff to kill one or two then kite the remaining one/s. I also use a dwarf star, lots of sanity food to keep my crown doing extra damage etc. They aren't a walk in the park and require skill, knowledge and strong gear. Planar damage ain't no joke and can mess you up without planar armor.

Yes rift content is more difficult than normal content.. even bloody frogs are getting stronger. 

Just now, GelatinousCube said:

Yes they're multilayer focused but all very very doable solo.

ye multiplayer focused but only for 1-2 players... more than that or using characters with top dps and the fight becomes easy (which is balanced since you need to repeat the fight to have multiple boss items for each player)

i think that isnt worth to argue with someone who lies to defend their view, there is no honesty in his claims only lies and atacks to people who enjoys the game in another way (ironically he plays victim when feels atacked)

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Define “legit way” please- listen a lonnnnnggg damn time ago when Klei first started adding new content to dst I brought up the suggestion that the game shouldn’t just progressively scale in difficulty overtime because there are noobs who struggle with learning the content that’s already there. That post got several “likes” & “thanks” reacts from the Klei Dev Team, so if Anything- I actually influenced this content being locked behind a lot of late game grind so the game didn’t just get harder overtime based on days survived.

Ahem… HOWEVER Klei also realized not everyone is going to care to or have the time to dedicate to 25+ hours of story quest just to experience new world gameplay content, which is why they were polite enough to add world Gen toggle options to activate it instantly.

And if you think about it, aside from to prevent players from rushing New Game+ features onto poor unsuspecting noobs in day one of a world, why else would Klei lock new core gameplay content behind super super late game, super obscure objectives?

Jesus....

My point is that your super super end game super late game content: isn’t as late game as you tend to think it is….

I don't know what this means. Mike unless you think in 4 dimensions, things are linear. It's late game because it's late in the game.

I actually think Day 1 should be in the late game and then when we kill CC it should be the early game and then when we kill the moontated bosses, i'd like it to be called pre-early game.

I'm almost certain you're a Klei employee who has made a spoof account for the forums to shoot off weird ideas and incoherent babble to see if the community gets a little bit outraged or very outraged.

Upload a clip of you fighting those bosses and we'll tell you if you're making it hard on yourself - I think we need proof from you from now on dude.

EDIT: Yes AG is much easier - I'll take that point from you and place it right in my pocket then.

Archived