What is the point of W.A.R.B.I.S armor in armor progression?

5 minutes ago, _zwb said:

The head piece and body armour have 5 planar defense each. I don't know how did you get that extra 5 defense, maybe mods?

completely modless except for client hud mods, i can post a video and provide my equations if you want

8 minutes ago, lenship2 said:

not when i tested it in game?

wearing the full set gave me 15 planar defense

Pretty sure deadstone set only gives 10 planar in total. Did you, by chance, play a character with a lunar alignment, when testing? iirc, being aligned with a side reduces the damage taken from mobs of that alignment by 10%, similarly to how it buffs your damage against those with the opposite alignment. 

Just now, skile said:

Pretty sure deadstone set only gives 10 planar in total. Did you, by chance, play a character with a lunar alignment, when testing? iirc, being aligned with a side reduces the damage taken from mobs of that alignment by 10%, similarly to how it buffs your damage against those with the opposite alignment. 

i was playing default willow with no server-side mods

12 minutes ago, skile said:

then I'm out of ideas. 

i figured it out, its a shadow alignment buff that dreadstone has apparently (+5 planar and 0.9* damage taken)

so dreadstone armor is only gonna be better against shadow aligned bosses lol

i feel so dumb now, that should've been obvious since i was using rasp as my main source of information

1 minute ago, lenship2 said:

i figured it out, its a shadow alignment buff that dreadstone has apparently (+5 planar and 0.9* damage taken)

so dreadstone armor is only gonna be better against shadow aligned bosses lol

Huh, well that's curious. 

i wont talk about if it needs buff, nerf or new perks but really want to point something that, atleast for me, is one of the most important things in this game and the reason i keep playing it after 10 years and why i decided to give it a try to do megabases

i love that klei doesnt follow what every damn sandbox do with progression. i really appreciate that they are trying to make each set unique without making old content obsolete, you can even deal with the new enemies with dark swords, it just takes a little longer (but not as long as dealing 1 damage to a tier 3 enemy with tier 1 weapon in any other sand box). And even when something has better numbers, since there is not infinity durability, you might want to use a cheaper weapon or armor 

Is tiresome to see every sandbox having lineal rpg progression like V rising, valheim, terraria, core keeper, etc taking the easy route of "reach new area, grind new material until you have your infinity durability gear that is just the same with better numbers so the new area and boss become easy until you reach the new area and repeat again and again and again"

is heart breaking reading people in the forum wanting to one shot old enemies... that is just beyond boring and the only reason i just rush everything in terraria and unistall until i feel like doing a new world

DST has such interesting balance.

For example as wormwood i can use for body slot night armor to he super tanky, brumble armor to deal extra damage, brighshade armor if i want CC and planar defense, thulecite if i want to be tanky but not wanting the sanity penalty or marble suit if i have the blooming speed bonus without the sanity penalty plus you get knock back protection, maybe i want to use magi to extra speed if i use a helmet or the new cyberpunk armor for that extra speed without loosing the body slot protection, dreadstone armor if i dont mind sanity, etc

same goes for head slot: Cheap helmet like footbal helmet/woodie's hat/cookie cutter cap vs thulecite crown, brightshade helmet for extra damage and planar defense at the cost of having low tier fisical armor, enlightenment crown for extra damage at the cost of sanity food, cyberpunk helmet giving extra damage but having low planar defense and not reach thulecite % of armor... i think you get the point

This not only makes the game deeper (see valheim... just 1 set that you grind throw areas...) but also make every piece of content on day 1 as hard in day 1000. You get QoL and even could be better if the perks of the items fits your playstyle vs other kind of items but you never faceroll any enemy like in other game. Why i would build if the challenge ends like what happens when you defead moonlord in terraria? what is the point of having enemies if those cant ever kill you? man, i still love cleaning the ruins even if in a single world i can do it dozens of times

Tell me about a sandbox that allows you to write such wall of text talking about gear choices, pls i will play it

please klei, never change this aspect of the game. I know is harder to come up with ideas to make everything viable but i rather have less equipment if that means that i need to think which items i use. Never take the lazy route of just ramping numbers, this is a sandbox not a final fantasy

Archived